Best Places in the World to Be a Runner? (Read 865 times)

-PA were my paternal grandfather lived till I saw a big rotweiller
    So you saw a dog and your grandfather moved? Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

(Dude, I am still working on my English. Black eye ) I enjoyed running in PA, where my paternal grandfather lived, until I saw a big rotweiller on the loose and decided I would stay in.

Vim

caseyoliviamarie

Las Vegas in September- Summerlin baby! Mountain but actually not too too hilly, 70 degrees

Imminent Catastrophe

The SF Bay area is fantastic. Run across the bridge to the Marin Headlands.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Anywhere outside.....Treadmills suck Cool
            I'll 2nd THAT sentiment...I hate the "dreadmill"...
            "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
            jcasetnl

The SF Bay area is fantastic. Run across the bridge to the Marin Headlands.
              Yeah, gotta agree. I lived in/around boston for 7.5 years, but I grew up in Oakland. Not only is the weather perfect for running here but there are a million clubs and tons of conservation land. I can run in a redwood forest 10 minutes from my house. Boston had a few nice places, like on the charles river. And if you live outside the city (I lived in bedford for three years) there are endless places to run. Still no place I've ever been to has the weather combined with so many great and varied places only minutes away as the bay area. You take the good with the bad, though. The cost of living here is pretty insane.
                Baltimore, b/c speedwork is easy to do when someone is chasing you Shocked
                2009: BQ?
                  Baltimore, b/c speedwork is easy to do when someone is chasing you Shocked
                  Trishie - did someone chase you today?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Trishie - did someone chase you today?
                    Haha, not today! ... actually, not ever Blush , but my husband did used to say that he was going to tape a $20 to my back and let me loose Wink
                    2009: BQ?
                      Haha, not today! ... actually, not ever Blush , but my husband did used to say that he was going to tape a $20 to my back and let me loose Wink
                      Well that's a relief, although with your new hair cut - you won't need the $20 Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

It must be Basel in Switzerland, we've a great river that runs through the middle of town. We've also got a few hills to run up and down. We're on the German and French Border, so we can run through 3 Countries if we feel like it. Just outside of Town we've got plenty of fields to run through, because of all these reasons Basel in Switzerland MUST be the BEST PLACE to be a runner Big grin