Article on 'overpronation' (Read 154 times)

drrbradford

http://www.kinetic-revolution.com/overpronation-accurate-or-out-of-date-terminology/

Makes sense to me.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I agree with the author.  There's been far too much collecting of random data and applying unfounded assumptions to the data.  That's not science.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Barstool bullshit, pompous pontification, asinine assumptions, cranial crap, are among the first thoughts to come to mind...

Of course pronation is real, and a valid measure in determining any athlete's running skill. The real question is what anyone's personal measurements are, and how they're interpreted.

This article is pathetically worthless information, but then again I've come to expect that from most "experts." Especially since they can't explain the women of Kenya....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

ulikunkel

I've noticed a few of your posts.  You seem to have a lot of pent up anger.  I'm not sure what personal issues you are dealing with but it's fairly obvious you are not a happy person.  In future you may want to step away from the keybord for a few moments to take a couple of deep breaths and ask yourself, "Are my comments going to contribute to the dialogue?  Why am I so angry about an internet post?"

"Experts" claim running elevates the mood and creates a sense of well-being....congratulations, you've single handedly proven them wrong!  Assuming you run, that is....

Barstool bullshit, pompous pontification, asinine assumptions, cranial crap, are among the first thoughts to come to mind...

Of course pronation is real, and a valid measure in determining any athlete's running skill. The real question is what anyone's personal measurements are, and how they're interpreted.

This article is pathetically worthless information, but then again I've come to expect that from most "experts." Especially since they can't explain the women of Kenya....

I've noticed a few of your posts.  You seem to have a lot of pent up anger.  I'm not sure what personal issues you are dealing with but it's fairly obvious you are not a happy person.  In future you may want to step away from the keybord for a few moments to take a couple of deep breaths and ask yourself, "Are my comments going to contribute to the dialogue?  Why am I so angry about an internet post?"

"Experts" claim running elevates the mood and creates a sense of well-being....congratulations, you've single handedly proven them wrong!  Assuming you run, that is....

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Oh please...

Are you a psychiatrist? Probably not. I don't fall for pathetic psychobabble...

Since we've never met in person, you're far from the truth to deem me "angry."

Pronation is one of the most important measurements I make with any athlete I teach.

Obviously sarcasm is over your head to comprehend.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong