Every Men's 100m Medalist, Ever (Read 685 times)

Pretty cool visual. 

I know next to nothing about sprinting, but I thought this was pretty awesome.  Bottom of the page links to similar features on long jump and 100m swim, too.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Am I doing this right?

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

No excuses....

The IOC doesn't recognize the 1906 games as Olympic medals anymore. So NBC was able to say that Bolt was only the second to win the 100 meter games twice (after Carl Lewis).  All 3 of the people in Milwaukee who recall Archie Hahn is from this state were outraged. 

Am I doing this right?

That was one of the first things I noticed when going through there.  I was a little confused, but not confused enough to look up the reasons.  I just chalked it up to poor research by the NBC crew.  They could have at least told us about him and explained why.

No excuses....

The IOC doesn't recognize the 1906 games as Olympic medals anymore. So NBC was able to say that Bolt was only the second to win the 100 meter games twice (after Carl Lewis).  All 3 of the people in Milwaukee who recall Archie Hahn is from this state were outraged. 

And Carl Lewis should be stripped of his medals for doping, particularly so because of his self righteous indignation after Johnson was caught.

It is widely accepted that six of the eight finalists were using performance enhancing drugs, and Dr. Wade Exum alleged that between 1988 and Sydney at least 19 Americans who won medals had been doping.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Black-Toe-Nailed

Whao. amazing visual indeed!

What I find funny is to compare participants in marathons and half marathons:

"With my finishing time the first guy was already on a plane back home" (change for "drinking beer in the bar" for half marathons). LOL

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
              then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
              I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

Neat!  Thanks, Ryan!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is really cool.  I would love to see this updated maybe every 10 years or so.  Some of those fast kids will almost certainly be added.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay