December swimming (Read 982 times)

spacityrunner

No green hair...but who wouldn't want green hair??? Wink Thanks Pro... Andy...not a tri gal...yet. I am a scardy cat when it comes to biking....and I just learned how to swim this August when a running injury took me out of the game...but, it is in the back of my mind...how does one get over the fear of biking in traffic??? I'm thinking tri by 55 (that gives me 3 more years to get over the biking thing) we shall see

Trails Rock!

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

...how does one get over the fear of biking in traffic???...
      dc, A strobe or blinking light on my back is very comforting to me. Hey, this is the swimmin thread!

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

spacityrunner

OK, lets talk swimmin.... Ending the year with 1000 yds. Joined this nice 'club" with the commute. I used that funny looking clock and discovered it takes me between 70 and 75 seconds to complete one lap (50 yd). So, I deducted 5 minutes rest time from my total time today, then figured out that I did 20 laps. 1000 yds....just about right for 30 minutes in the pool. Pro and Andy...and anyone else..... Being a new swimmer, and not really a tri gal yet, how many times a week should I be swimming to maintain some kind of "cross training" regime. And for how long should I swim? Any thoughts? Thanks and Happy 2007 and wishing for a great 2008 for all

Trails Rock!

go Care Bear go!

Hey there all.... It just looks as though I've been MIA lately. Not really, just busy with holiday visitors and other such things. I've been working out but just haven't found or made time to post here much. I managed a good swim this morning, though only 1500 yards. It was a nice way to finish off the year, workout wise. I wasn't planning on a run today which worked out great since it was bitter cold this morning along with horrendous winds. I don't mind the cold but I can do without the wind. I love it when the weather cooperates with "my" workout schedule!! Hope you all ring in the New Year safely tonight! Happy 2008!!!! Big grin
          trimom

Hi Carrie!!!! There you are!!! I thought we had lost you. Most of the CRMSers are over at kickrunners.com now. We like it there. I just found them yesterday, actually. I use the log here, though because I like it better. We've been trying to find everyone. I've been looking for Heather since she is doing the Austin Half. Do you know where she went? I haven't been in the pool since Sept. I'm going to go soon, though. It just got cold here, and I swim in an outdoor heated pool, so it is hard. I just rode my bike on Monday for the first time since Sept. as well. My running is going well, though. I'll be doing 14 miles this weekend, which will be my longest ever. Glad I found you! I probably won't be checking in much here (I can't keep up with more than one forum), so e-mail me at kelliAThugheshouseDOTnet Kelli aka 3chilipeppers (They wouldn't let me use a number for the first character, so I just chose something different)