Bluebuds X ? (Read 69 times)

northernman

Fight The Future

Anyone tried these wireless earplugs called Bluebuds X? I like the way it looks in the pictures, as if the connecting bit can go over your ears. Kind of more than I was thinking of spending, but if they are comfortable, could be worth it...

FSBD

I have the Jaybird Freedoms and love them.

So I can't speak directly to those specific ones, but I think Jaybird makes a good product.

You can get the original freedoms on Amazon for about $85 right now so its half the price of the bluebuds if that is a concern

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Feeling the growl again

Whoa.  That is incredibly pricey ($170).

I currently use Jabra Sport bluetooth headphones to hear the TV when on the treadmill, and on rare  occasions when I'm on a non-home treadmill and need music off my phone.  I think they work fine but those with smaller ears (eg DW) think they are too heavy.  This would be the ticket for her but at that price...dang...

The "lifetime sweat warranty" helps, as we've already killed two sets...a Plantronics Backbeat which died from sweat and a Jabra on which the volume button quit working (they replaced it no hassles).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

FSBD

Yeah that was a big reason I went with the Jaybirds.  I had killed several pairs of the iphone earbuds and a pair that swore they were water-proof (I think they were Polk Audio).  I gave these a whirl and have been happy with them for almost a year now.

The "lifetime sweat warranty" helps, as we've already killed two sets...a Plantronics Backbeat which died from sweat and a Jabra on which the volume button quit working (they replaced it no hassles).

We are the music makers,

northernman

Fight The Future

I agree, looks like a lot of $$. But compared to shoes, if they last a year or so, it's a relatively minor cost. Still cheaper than a sports car, which was going to be my alternative mid- (end of?) life crisis investment.

I suppose I'd need to also buy a bluetooth ipod, if I would use these.... Hmm, is it my birthday yet?

Feeling the growl again

I agree, looks like a lot of $$. But compared to shoes, if they last a year or so, it's a relatively minor cost. Still cheaper than a sports car, which was going to be my alternative mid- (end of?) life crisis investment.

I suppose I'd need to also buy a bluetooth ipod, if I would use these.... Hmm, is it my birthday yet?

If you are on a treadmill, you could use a bluetooth transmitter for ~$30.  That's what I plug into my TV.  It would be much more awkward if running outdoors with it than a bluetooth-enabled smartphone, though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

FSBD

Since you need both the MP3 player and the bluetooth headphones, why not just get these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EQSAAW/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Two birds....

We are the music makers,