Avatar won't stick (Read 607 times)

How do I get my avatar to stick? I can't seem to get it to work. Great site!! Laura
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, until you lose.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

"Stick..." like chewing gum? Tongue Seriously, though... are you doing this: Options --> My Forum Preferences --> Browse (to select picture from your hard drive) --> Save If you want to change avatars, you have to delete the old one and "save" that before adding the new one. If that doesn't work for you, I don't know what to say. Maybe the picture needs to be in a specific format that you're not using like a BMP?

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric - I keep getting timed out of the server while trying to upload a new picture/avatar. Only happens on my bigger pictures, not on the little ones. Something change?

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Hrm... I go away for the weekend, and everything's falling apart (not that is place is held up by duct tape). I received the error notifications. I'll have it fixed ASAP. added: hrm (again)... I have no idea what happened. I can't reproduce the problem on my end. Could you drop me an email and let me know the name of the file you're trying to upload? Maybe the code couldn't handle that particular file format, or just that picture. Either way, I like to get a copy of that picture so I can try it on my test machine.
            Thanks!! It must have been in the wrong format. It's working now! Laura
            It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, until you lose.