Forum no worky in Amazon Silk (Read 896 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I realize this is probably out of your hands, but I'll report it for informational purposes, if for no other reason.

I just got a Kindle Fire, and RA looks excellent on it in general, but I'm not able to make a forum post with the Silk browser.  I see the text box, but can't make it come to life with a cursor.  This makes me sad.

FWIW, I can log a run entry with no problem.

(Went back to my laptop for this post.)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Try using the html button to open an html window and type in that. I've had to use that from my Android devices with other systems (CalorieCount) and it works ok. Haven't used it with RA yet since haven't "forumed" from those devices yet.

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I suspect user error. (Posted from kindle.) mta: maybe not user error as it seems to only work sometimes. Weird. (Modified from Android phone.)

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

eric :)

LedLincoln,

I added the Kindle browser to the list of mobile device based browsers, which only displays a simple textbox instead of the fancy one.  Could you give it a try now? 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, it is working now, in mobile mode. So, I don't have the nice formatting options, but at least I can post. Thank you, Eric! It seemed so close; everything displayed perfectly, but the browser or OS didn't recognize that I should be in input mode, so it didn't provide a keyboard.
                LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Try using the html button to open an html window and type in that. I've had to use that from my Android devices with other systems (CalorieCount) and it works ok. Haven't used it with RA yet since haven't "forumed" from those devices yet.

Tried it, but same story. HTML editor appears, but no keyboard, no matter how much I poke at it.

I have a Droid phone, too. Can't tell if Kindle is different, since both are operating in mobile mode.

eric :)

The HTML editor relies heavily on javascript.  It's possible that it doesn't support the Kindle yet, or the Kindle choked on the javascript.  Most mobile devices don't do javascripts nicely so you'll have to put up with a regular text box for now.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay. Maybe sometime a system update will make it work.
                      pfriese

Test from Kindle Fire. mta: ok that worked and so did this edit.
                        LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It will work now that we are in mobile browser mode.  I am a little curious as to whether turning off Amazon's cloud acceleration would make it work in normal mode.  I don't know whether we can do that on a per-site basis.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just installed Firefox on my Kindle, and testing it. So far, it performs much better than Amazon Silk. RA is providing the mobile editor here. I wonder whether the full editor would work with FF.
                            WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just installed Firefox on my Kindle, and testing it. So far, it performs much better than Amazon Silk. RA is providing the mobile editor here. I wonder whether the full editor would work with FF.

It should. RA uses the tinyMCE editor which should work with FireFox. I had asked Eric a while back if he would enable it for Safari on the iPad since it should work with that also. It would make posting on the forums much more user friendly.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.