Binders Full of Women (Read 1251 times)

xor

I have a saucerful of secrets.

No Talent Drips

" He hired women to work for him - more women than was typical"  uh no....he had less women working for him than the previous governor.

Fewer, but other than that, spot on. Wink

Dei Gratia

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

<removing post where I said something that I wish I had not.>

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MoBramExam

That one is asking for trouble.

-It's another demonstration of not viewing/thinking of women as actual PEOPLE, but a group of something, something that is different from himself. 

A Saucy Wench

Time to get this thread back where it belongs...

Politics...from the latin "Poli" meaning "many" and tics meaning "blood sucking parasites"

Mom: What makes you think our son will be a politician?

Dad: He says more things that sound good and mean nothing than any other boy on the block.

My favorite review of the binders  - they come in many colors, there are 50 shades of grey

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

Or this

Around when our son was starting school, my wife interviewed with Bain & Company, from which Bain Capital spun. When she got home she was adamant she would not work there, regardless of the pay. The work schedule that was presented was nothing like what Romney is promising in his "new (flexible) economy."

Feeling the growl again

Around when our son was starting school, my wife interviewed with Bain & Company, from which Bain Capital spun. When she got home she was adamant she would not work there, regardless of the pay. The work schedule that was presented was nothing like what Romney is promising in his "new (flexible) economy."

It's a management consulting company.  Every one of them has an average tenure of 2 years....they grind new MBAs to the bone and those willing to work 80-100 hours/week to move up (vs out) succeed.  80-90% are gone after the 2 years.  They are for single work-a-holics with no life.

Bain, McKinsey, BCG....take your pick.  They are all the same.  Nothing unique about Bain.  I interviewed with them all, there is a reason I took lower pay to work somewhere else.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

It's a management consulting company.  Every one of them has an average tenure of 2 years....they grind new MBAs to the bone and those willing to work 80-100 hours/week to move up (vs out) succeed.  80-90% are gone after the 2 years.  They are for single work-a-holics with no life.

Bain, McKinsey, BCG....take your pick.  They are all the same.  Nothing unique about Bain.  I interviewed with them all, there is a reason I took lower pay to work somewhere else.

Exactly and that's what they do to new MBAs. She applied for a support staff position (librarian) but it seemed that culture ran deep. In the end she ended up in higher ed, which is where she wanted to be in the first place.

Now Ilene, if he'd thought of a qualified candidate on his own, he would be accused of taking care of the 1%... not giving everyone a fair chance.

For your second point, I'll refer to a quote from the kid on Kindergarten cop... "boys have a penis, and girls have a vagina.", so yes, women ARE different from Romney.

How is his claim about seeking out qualified women a lie??? Did he have the binders full of women already, or did he have to ask for them? I don't really know, and I doubt you do. Even if MassGAP gave them to him, he certainly didn't have to use them.  However he ended up finding them, he really did hire a high percentage of women.

On the number of women comment... I checked into that a little bit more.  The study by the University of Albany New York report used PERCENTAGE rather than raw number of women, so based on that, his statement was imprecise, but Massachusetts was still first in the nation based on the study criteria.

internet facts Wink 

The binder comment matters for these reasons:

-In 25 years of business, Mitt couldn't think of a qualifed woman for his cabinet on his own.
                    -It's another demonstration of not viewing/thinking of women as actual PEOPLE, but a group of something, something that is different from himself. 
                    -He lied about seeing a problem and therefore "seeking out" qualified women.  A bipartisan group called MassGAP created the lists of qualifed women before the election and asked both candidates to sign pledges they'd seek out women to hire.

" He hired women to work for him - more women than was typical"  uh no....he had less women working for him than the previous governor.

xor

>> so yes, women ARE different from Romney.

You perhaps missed the point.

I admit that I'm missing a point here too: I still don't understand the point of the winkie to end posts.  What is that intending to convey?

Ahh, the winkie. That's a super secret code. You'd have to be in the club to know that means, "Do chickens have large talons?" But your post is very confusing. What did you mean by "convey"?

>> so yes, women ARE different from Romney.

You perhaps missed the point.

I admit that I'm missing a point here too: I still don't understand the point of the winkie to end posts.  What is that intending to convey?

xor

Ok fine.

When you end a post with a winkie, it's like "just sayin" on steroids.  It comes across as condescending except in very very lighthearted conversation, and usually as "I'm saying this and ending it with a winkie because I think you are (fill in some negative something) and I am way smarter than you".

I'm not saying that is what you intend.  I'm saying that is how it comes across.  When trying to have an actual reasoned conversation with someone, the winkie is like the turd desert after the steak dinner.

Edit: turd desert.  I could fix that, but nah.

BTW, I have no strong reactions to the baiting and the Obama birth control bs.  I think I have enough empathy to get what ilene meant by "something" as it applies to literary comparisons to stuff we put in binders.  Like recipes and baseball cards.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

For what little it may be worth, I guessed the winkie was just an attachment to the phrase "internet facts", a shorthand way of saying that that (internet facts) is a concept worthy of humor.

But clearly, for clarity, he should have written something such as

Smileçš„internet facts

which is obviously pronounced as winkied internet facts

(I knew you were just begging for a bad Chinese grammar joke here; it's part of my Gift.)

Binders are sooo last week.. We're onto "horses and bayonets". 

And we run because we like it
                              Through the broad bright land

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's got to be dangerous, storing bayonets in binders.