What are the current 'best' headphones for running (Read 3761 times)

Go Pre!

I rarely wear headphones when running, but when I do, i like to wear the best...

but I apparently don't have the best - Any recommendations?

Dave

I have these.  MEElectronics M6.  They are the only pair I've ever had stay put while running; they sound great, too.  The price is right, so I won't feel massive guilt when I inevitably destroy them by mistake.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sennheisers have always worked the best for me.  I like that I can still hear stuff around me.  The worst ones I had were a pair of Panasonic sport ones...no bass...the highs were so harsh that they gave me a headache.  And they blocked out a lot of ambient nose.  I think I used them for maybe a month before I went back to Sennheisers.  The Panasonics were < half the price of the Sennheisers...for a reason.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not incredibly picky when it comes to sound quality in headphones so I usually just get the best thing Wal-Mart has to offer. Over the years I have tried every model they offer but I always end up with these ones from Sony. They have the best sound, enough volume even for high winds, barely notice them in my ears, and unless a strong wind hits them just right they won't come loose. I usually leave the music at home on extremely sweaty days so they last longer but I end up going through a couple pairs a year with normal use.

Cool Jump Suit

I had a pair of Sennheisers, but one earbud blew out.  (I think from sweat contamination.)  I really liked them though!  I bought a pair of Philips now that work great, but they don't stay in my ears very well.  There's a pair of Bose I have my eye on at the local electronics store.   Pricey!

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

Loves the outdoors

I got these philips ones free with a pair of my adidas supernovas a couple of years ago as part of some promotion and they work well for me. In windy and rainy weather they stay in and the sound seems ok. They must be pretty reliable now that I think about it as I've had them out in all sorts of terrible wet weather.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

ilp

Bose IE2. That's the best. I've gone thru a bunch of em, including the Adidas-branded Sennheisers (do not buy those.. stay away.. stupid cord lengths, fragile cord, sound quality nowhere near the price tag).

Overpriced at $99, but good sound quality, you can hear outside pretty well (safer for running), they stay in your ear no matter what, and the cord and jack plug are strong enough to withstand plenty of abuse. Sadly, nothing else I've bought last year has lasted as long as the Bose IE2. I'm not a Bose fan, so I hate to say it, but these are best-built, most practical running headphones right now.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bose IE2. That's the best. I've gone thru a bunch of em, including the Adidas-branded Sennheisers (do not buy those.. stay away.. stupid cord lengths, fragile cord, sound quality nowhere near the price tag).

The shorter cord length is kind of annoying.  The older ones were too long and tangled FAR too easily, but the newer ones are almost not long enough.  If I were a really tall dude I might have issues.

~ Sarah Kay

I'm onto my second pair of Bose IE2 as well.  Love the sound quality and the durability.

No issues with the cord length and I am 6'3" so not sure what the issue was there?

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

xor

I think they mean the cord length of Sennheisers.

Go Pre!

yep

Go Pre!

I bought these last week and am still considering returning them. So far....they're only so so. Not so great on the bass tones but not too trebly either. A decent sound overall but at $109 I expected more. Good cord length and volume, pause, next track. But still, t that price, I'd expect better.

http://www.klipsch.com/image-s4i-white-in-ear-headset

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And the cord length wouldn't be an issue aside from the fact that I wear my phone in a waist-belt thingie (I LOATHE armbands).  So the buds are in my ears, the cord goes down inside my shirt, then comes back up from the bottom of my shirt.  If I needed much more length I'd simply run it outside my shirt, under the belt, and into the phone that way.

~ Sarah Kay

Run Wild

Leave the headphones and home and just carry a giant ghetto blaster with you!  Consider it cross training!

Leave the headphones and home and just carry a giant ghetto blaster with you!  Consider it cross training!

Just sayin...