My First 10K! (Read 812 times)

This was my first timed race ever! I am 24 and a former high school athlete, but had let myself put on 20 plus pounds since then. My goal was under an hour but I got 48:48!!!! I even shocked myself! Training has gotten me back in shape and I am now planning on doing a half marathon next month! I used to hate running, but now am a big fan! Nate B. Mobile, AL

Dog-Love

Way to go, Nate! Its in your blood now and all of a sudden you'll want the sub45 10K then the sub 40...
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Another Passion

That is AWESOME, Nate! Congratulations and stick with it! Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Nate, that is so great! It's wonderful that you are getting back into shape now instead of waiting 20 years! Keep it up, and keep us posted! Teresa
            That's great! I'm thinking sub 2:00 for your half - just don't go out too fast...
            MM# 1477
            spacityrunner

Wow, what a great race!! Your training got you to this point. Keep it up, imagine what you can do! Have fun at the HM and let us know how you do.

Trails Rock!

That's a great first 10K, Nate. I wish I was that fast! Good luck with your HM.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations - you've smoked my best effort on your first race! Keep with it, and you'll only gert better. Way to go!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

That's a great first 10K, Nate. I wish I was that fast! It is a great time, well done! I wish I was that fast and that young- I might get down to your time in 2008, but I will still be 57 now matter how hard I train! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.