Best. Run. Ever. (Read 683 times)

Copied this from my blog entry today... I had my best run ever today. I started off not even sure if I would do three or six miles. It was very humid and 70-something degrees out. It was due to thunderstorm at any moment. It's Saturday, so I could do my six either today or tomorrow. I figured I would go out and see how I felt. I have a 10K coming up in two weeks, and I would really like to run it under 60 minutes. That is a challenge for me, I would have to run 9:40 minute miles, not something I generally do. I got out there and just decided, what the heck, I'm out here, might as well run the six. I might as well try to run them at 9:40 for as long as I can, just to see what I can do. During the second mile the skies opened up on me. It was like running in the shower. However, since I was on the only open spot of my route, I was a little afraid of lightening, so my pace was all the way down to 9:24. I figured the fastest was home was to run, so I kept on. The rain eased a bit and I kept going. I slowed down considerably, especially mile 4. My route has a 1200 foot elevation gain, and a 1200 foot elevation loss. I am sure you can guess what was happening during mile 4. Made it up in the next mile, going 9:16! Can you tell the rain had started up again? Anyway, came in 6.2 miles at 59:55!!! It was hard, but it certainly wasn't make you puke hard. I am so thrilled and happy with myself. I had a fun time, too. I love running in the rain.

http://www.runningnotes.net

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a run just like that a few weeks back...the lightning made me feel sorta electric. About a mile from home a lady stopped in her car to ask if I wanted a ride...I almost hollered "are you nuts, this is awesome!" I got home soaked, but it was great. Too bad running when it's lightning out is dangerous--though I think that element of danger adds to the experience. Glad you had such a great run--you are gonna rock your race! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great follow up to this, I was at a neighborhood party and at least two of my neighbors asked if that was me out in the rain! I love when my neighbors think I'm crazy! Big grin

http://www.runningnotes.net

Way to go, nhrm!!! I love those kinda runs where it feels so right to push a little harder than usual. Sounds like you experienced this. You're well on your way to meeting your goal! Best Jeff
          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good job. Race times are usually faster so it appears <60 is="" doable.="" hopefully="" your="" training="" course="" is="" more="" difficult="" than="" the="" race="" course.="" days="" like="" the="" one="" you="" had="" are="" the="" reasons="" "we"="" run!=""></60>.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

After a crappy day at work I was supposed not to run today (longest run of my life yesterday: 12.25 km), but I thought "what the heck?". Just after I got outside it started raining, and rained during my whole 3-miler... When I was getting back home I stopped at the shop just next to my place to get some water, a banana and two nectarines... I had to queue to pay soaking wet, with people looking at me thinking "this guy is nuts"; god, that feeling made my day! I'm falling in love with running!
              PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
              Go Daddy

Congrats! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Now your neighbors may think that you are nuts...but I'm sure they secretly wish they could do the same thing. Kinda makes you bite your tongue when you feel like telling your kids not to stomp in the puddles.
                CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like a fun day! I hope we'll be hearing you hit that sub-60 in a couple of weeks. Cool I ran a couple of weeks ago in a light on and off rain and it felt like yeah, I'm really a runner today.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.