Definition of a Wuss (Read 1071 times)

Here's the weather forecast : 93% chance of rain, windy, cold- temps in the 40s
    Ummm....HTFU. Smile It's 7 degrees here right now, at two in the afternoon. It's going to MAYBE get all the way up to 40 on Sunday, and you can bet that I'll be SOOOO happy to get in a run that day!! Just the fact that it's raining (and not snowing) would be reason enough for me to celebrate.
      To set the record straight, I did 5.75 miles in 37 degrees. And rain. Was not bad at all. The shower I'm about to step into will be nice though.
      Kimmie

I did it.... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. rain drizzled and then fell harder at times. feet got soaked, but I realized that I didn't melt. Smile 14 miles down this weekend, that's good. thanks guys.

Duncan

thanks for posting back...i did worry that it is easy to sit at the keyboard and be gung ho about someone elses run. it is the fag end of winter after all and i struggle sometimes to find the motivation to go out in the cold. roll on summer. i laughed at your response, very good! Big grin
          I really want you guys to express your feelings a little bit more.... seriously, don't hold back and tell me how you really feel.
            Just do it. It'll be fun! Cool MTA -- oops, too late! I didn't read the whole thread...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did it.... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. rain drizzled and then fell harder at times. feet got soaked, but I realized that I didn't melt. Smile 14 miles down this weekend, that's good. thanks guys.
              Yeah, girl! Don't you feel like you accomplished something extra, now! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Glad you did it. I would love 40 degrees. Haven't seen that since mid-November. I'll be out in shorts and t-shirt the first day it hits 40. I do admit that I am waiting at home until it gets up to 10 today before I do my 6 miles.

Double IPA Please!

Sounds like my run yesterday. Periods of driving rain followed by high winds whipping in my face. I was not gonna go it alone so I took one of my dogs Wink I went almost 7 miles..For whatever reason even though it was raining I was trying to avoid puddles in the first mile Roll eyes then it became quite amusing to myself to run through all the puddles even if it meant I had to move over to get to them. Clowning around I, like you, was quite happy to get home and into a hot shower..Good for you for running with your group.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Nice job - congrats for going even when you don't want to!! It's easy for us to say HTFU (especially me, who doesn't run very far)... but for me, the worse the weather, the more I love to run. In the dark, too. Big grin I'm not really looking forward to running in the summer. (that said - I won't run if it's more than a 20-25 mph sustained wind. Too many trees around me, flying limbs, etc.)

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

First of all, freakin' GREAT race picture! Second, totally way to go on getting out there and getting it done! It's a great feeling and now you know it won't kill you if there is a 93% chance of rain on race day! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Kimmie

Thanks for the compliment on the picture, Lynn. It's not my favorite but it was the only one I could find that worked for the profile. This is mile 23 ? I think of the New York Marathon... really hot day.... and I was trying to get the crowd pumped up. I'm still learning about avatars, etc... and I love yours! It always makes me smile. Smile Have a good one.