garmin speed field is in mph rather than min/mile :( (Read 742 times)

help - the speed field on my forerunner 305 is suddenly reporting my speed as miles / hr. I would like it to be in min / mi like it used to be. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I get it back to min / mi? I have the field selected to display "speed" and don't see a "pace" option that I can select. thanks.

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin

Don't have my watch in front of me but I usually use "Average Pace". MTA: Just thought of this, you might be in bike mode if it suddenly switched.
      JakeKnight

help - the speed field on my forerunner 305 is suddenly reporting my speed as miles / hr. I would like it to be in min / mi like it used to be. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I get it back to min / mi? I have the field selected to display "speed" and don't see a "pace" option that I can select. thanks.
        Same thing happened to me. How I fixed it? I have no idea. I'm a techno-tard, so it took me a while. I think I had to turn it all the way off and on before "pace" appeared again.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

MikeB-BoR

I also don't have mine in front of me, but I think you go to settings, then select the sport you want (running), and the you should be able to select the speed units you want (min/mile or MPH). If that is correct, then you may be displaying the bike mode or another mode.

Goals :
          •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

I also don't have mine in front of me, but I think you go to settings, then select the sport you want (running), and the you should be able to select the speed units you want (min/mile or MPH). If that is correct, then you may be displaying the bike mode or another mode.
            I have mine in front of me, and this guy is right Roll eyes
            kcam

Reading the manual is a big NO-NO for males but females are granted this option. Big grin
                MTA: Just thought of this, you might be in bike mode if it suddenly switched.
                THANK YOU! this was it. Now I think back, I did scramble just before gun time to change data fields (lesson learned!) and consequently had to do the race in bike mode. I spent a few miles trying to figure out the conversion, but gave up after a mile or so. thanks again. I never would have found this fix.

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin