Selling rock and roll chicago half marathon bib (Read 244 times)

cj houlis

Hi guys!

I am selling a rock and roll half marathon bib because I am having it-band problems and cannot race it anymore. I paid $120 for the ticket and would like to sell it for $100-$120 but am willing to talk! Please contact me at cjayyyyxo@yahoo.com or contact me on here if you're interested!

Thanks.

beat

Break on through

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/chicago/event-details#register

"If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years."

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

delicate flower

LOL @ $120 for a half marathon.

ETA:  I've signed up for three HM's this fall and they cost me $112 total.

<3

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/chicago/event-details#register

"If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years."

Talk about a win/win.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Talk about a win/win.

I laughed.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Hoodoo Guru

Here's a semi-serious question.  For the big rock n roll races, is there a marketplace for bibs?  Especially since you can't transfer the name or record a time in your own name?  If you really wanted to run the race, wouldn't it be easier to bandit than to buy a bib?

The tangents are moot.

If you really wanted to run the race, wouldn't it be easier to bandit than to buy a bib?

Then how would I get my shirt and medal?

joescott

Talk about a win/win.

I laughed too.  Smile

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

JimR

Then how would I get my shirt and medal?

These are probably the only reasons to bother to pay, along with not drawing stares for your bibless attire.  I wouldn't see much value in it regardless, I mean since either way you're doing something that's not permitted by the race orgs, and the on-line records will always reflect someone else's name.  So why pay a lot of money for something that I'm not getting full value for and is improper to begin with?

#artbydmcbride

Do Rock n Roll events ever even seel out?   If you were going to pay almost full price, why not buy your own entry?

Runners run

Do Rock n Roll events ever even seel out?   If you were going to pay almost full price, why not buy your own entry?

That was my thought as well.

Runners run

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

I find it easier to just go ahead and ban myself from them.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Arimathea

Tessa

I would say that Rock n Roll events ARE a sellout. A sellout of all that made road racing enjoyable, affordable, and accessible.

Julia1971

RnR USA sold out in 2012 but did not this year.

Thanks to these types of RA threads, I realized I had no idea how much I've been paying for races.  I looked up what I paid for my half's in the last year and they were about $60 (small local), $90 (medium we prize money and elites), $160 (major event), and $70 (small local). My average was $95 but Nike threw off the curve. The mean was $80.