Downtown Denver running? (Read 66 times)

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I will be staying at the Curtis in Denver.  I'm thinking about a Friday morning run along the Cherry Creek Trail and Colorado Front Range Trail (if Google Maps has the names right).

Is that a safe bet for me not getting lost and getting a few good miles in?  Others I should consider instead?  Sometimes I am directionally challenged.

Thanks!

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

RunningNut

I'm not from Denver, but thought I would chime in with a feature that the Garmin Connect site just released.

They now offer heatmaps of the most active/popular running areas for various cities. Great feature if you are new or visiting an area to find the hot spots of where people run. Even if you don't have a garmin, you can create a free account

https://connect.garmin.com

RunningBrief - Free weekly email digest by runners for runners

I think you will be fine with those trails.  I've run them from other locations in Denver and haven't gotten lost!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Go down to cherry creek trail......

Turn right and go down to connect into the South Platte river trail......go for MILES!  Easy to do an out-and-back trip.

alternate

Turn left and take Cherry Creek upstream.  It gets awkward if you don't know the arAA as the trail has to jog around the Denver Country Club.  It is a nice trip, but if I didn't know the area at all. I would elect the trip in the other direction.

Have fun.....

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

L Train

I've got a few runs there logged between 8/6 and 8/10 of last year, though I only logged 6-8 mile runs.  You shouldn't have an issue getting lost.  I didn't enjoy the concrete too much, but it was OK.

L Train

I've got a few runs there logged between 8/6 and 8/10 of last year (though I only logged 6-8 mile runs) if that helps you.  You shouldn't have an issue getting lost.  I didn't enjoy the concrete too much, but it was OK.

Imminent Catastrophe

Turn right and go down to connect into the South Platte river trail......go for MILES!  Easy to do an out-and-back trip.

That.

MTA: Wow, that Garmin Heat Map thing is great!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Yep, I lived in Denver for a little while and these were my regular running routes.

alternate

Turn left and take Cherry Creek upstream.  It gets awkward if you don't know the arAA as the trail has to jog around the Denver Country Club.  It is a nice trip, but if I didn't know the area at all. I would elect the trip in the other direction.

Have fun.....

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09