Race Day Gear Checklist (Read 841 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need to put together my list of stuff to have in the car or on my body for race day.... • Bodyglide • Camelbak w/ 50/50 Gatorade-water mix • 2-3 packets of GU • 1-2 Rice Krispy treats • Inhaler • skirt • socks • top • change of clothes for post-race "party" at backroadrunner's house • "Vitamin I" (ibuprofen) • hanky/sweat cloth • hat • shades What's typically on your list for longer races? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Shorts. Socks. Shoes. Shirt. Hat. Sunglasses. Long pants. Long-sleeved shirt. Different pair of shoes. Different socks. That's about it.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I would add the following to your list 1) Advil [I see you have Vitamin I] 2) second pr of shoes or sandals to change into right after the race. When you're done, it feels good to get out of the shoes you raced in. I like sandals personally 'cuz it lets them doggies breathe. 3) Actually, you didn't even have shoes on your list. This is a duh, but never hurts to have a complete list. 4) Small cooler with Bells Oberon on ice 5) Ice pack. One of those disposable ones that gets cold when you break the seal. Just in case you have a serious boo-boo or sore spot of any kind.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

I would and bandages. I get blisters, so I just pop 'em with one of the pins from my number (or the myriad I have in my collection), and tape the suckers up with med tape.
            get dressed~shorts, socks, running top race bib visor a gu stuck in my running top I'm pretty low maintenance. I really like longer races because I can relax since I don't have to carry a fuel belt. That darn thing always leaves bloody raw spots around my hip bones and my poor outty belly button. Sad Plus, it's just bulky and the extra weight is cumbersome. So aid stations are a real treat.

Jennifer mm#1231

My race gear checklist: sports bra shirt with number pinned on running skirt socks shoes with chip on laces Nike dry fit hat watch (now my GARMIN 205 Big grin) body glide digital camrea for husby flip flops for after race Chocolate outrage GU
              2009: BQ?
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bodyglide - no longer need it, I have found clothes that don't chafe me. Camelbak w/ 50/50 Gatorade-water mix - only for runs over 5ish hours 2-3 packets of GU for runs over 18 miles. Rice Krispy treats - can't eat them at my pace Inhaler - I always carry it in my car, but have yet ever to need it. skirt - not me Wink socks - by the alarm clock top - by the alarm clock change of clothes for post-race "party" - sometimes "Vitamin I" (ibuprofen) - NEVER. Antiinflammatories should be avoided during and after major efforts for at least 6-12 hours hanky/sweat cloth hat shades -add- Band Aids. Two of em. Guess why. GPS and HRM Snacks for after the run
                  This is what I headed out the door with for this past Sunday's 10 mile race... What I was wearing...(shorts, t-shirt, long sleeved t-shirt, sneakers, pink Uconn hat) A bottle of water Cell phone I showed up at the starting line with just me. Nothing extra. No stop-watch, no GU, no water, no music. I think I was distracted that morning and my brain shut off.

Michelle

oh, I forgot to mention my Garmin, duh! Clowning around

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Under marathon distance, it is usually just me, my clothes (and sunglasses) and occasionally my GPS.
                      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

summer list: basic list: singlet shorts socks shoes shades orange race cap watch after race clothes towel Gatorade addtional list for races over 10 miles: water belt GU winter race list is much longer
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"Vitamin I" (ibuprofen) - NEVER. Antiinflammatories should be avoided during and after major efforts for at least 6-12 hours
                          Not doubting you at all, but just curious as to why this is a problem. Too much strain on the liver?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Shoes. Sock.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Not doubting you at all, but just curious as to why this is a problem. Too much strain on the liver?
                              This Jeff wants to know, too. Jake, you forgot the watch. But I like your style. KISS.
                                Shoes. Sock.
                                Does your sock-less foot get more blisters than the other one?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?