Facebook - Wall Posts (Read 1066 times)

When RunningAhead posts to my wall it includes this message:

This application is the Facebook version of RunningAHEAD.com's online training log. Record all your running, cycling, swimming and other workouts with RunningAHEAD.

This makes the wall post very large.  Is there an option to not show this text?

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

eric :)

I hate FB.  They are constantly making changes to their software in ways that break existing applications.  The text you quoted is the application's description.  It was never a part of the wall post.  I don't know when FB made this change.  I'll need to redo the app, again, to fix everything that is broken.

A Saucy Wench

If you put ANYTHING in the comments section it does not display this text. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

I hate FB.  

I was hoping Google+ would take off, just so we could all screw FB.  Sigh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

I hated FB so much that I gave it the boot at the beginning of march.

So much more free time.  I miss some important stuff... but I also miss a lot of bo shit.

Tune out, turn on!

Alas, I still get people asking me "why did you deef me???"   I didn't.  I deefed fb!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

+1

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I hate FB. 

and I thought I was the only one who didn't do the FB thing. DW loves it. (it is a time waster)

Get off my porch

Meet the new boss...

Kalsarikännit

My image of FB is like early MySpace.  Pretty much teenagers and pedophiles.  That's why I get the heebie-jeebies whenever one of you guys mentions FB.  And why I think you should stay 100 yards away from schools.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

My image of FB is like early MySpace.  Pretty much teenagers and pedophiles.  That's why I get the heebie-jeebies whenever one of you guys mentions FB.  And why I think you should stay 100 yards away from schools.

MySpace was very self-absorbed, which was why I took a long time to even try FB as it turned me off.  I only got on FB because it allowed me to more easily share photos/stuff about our kids with their grandparents, who don't get to see them enough and enjoy it.  I will admit I have enjoyed reconnecting with some people I had lost touch with and occasionally seeing what they are up to.

Beyond that, I don't let it consume my day.  I really don't care what article someone else read or the last 3 places they "checked in".

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

MySpace was very self-absorbed, which was why I took a long time to even try FB as it turned me off.  I only got on FB because it allowed me to more easily share photos/stuff about our kids with their grandparents, who don't get to see them enough and enjoy it.  I will admit I have enjoyed reconnecting with some people I had lost touch with and occasionally seeing what they are up to.

Beyond that, I don't let it consume my day.  I really don't care what article someone else read or the last 3 places they "checked in".

+1

bob e v
                        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

A Saucy Wench

This kind of seems to me like someone requesting eric add Sketchers to the shoe brand list and it diverting to a discussion of why we should all run barefoot. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have started pretty aggressively culling my FB "friends", or at least setting them to show only "important" posts.  That said, I don't spend much time on FB anyway.  It's all wasted on RA. Wink

Yeah, if not to share pics of my two young kids to out of town relatives, Id probably do away with it. I also like the Groups for the running club and races. But I dont really care about some dude from my high school's political views. And, I get that your in love with your fiance, but I dont need to hear it 20 times a day. I'll look forward to the post break-up posts.

Probably way off topic now; but I find it amusing that people complain about not "getting" facebook while posting to a public internet message board.  In any event; for those of us who share on Facebook the integration is appreciated.  I find it very nice to have my runs posted, and then have my other running buddies (and some family members) provide some commentary / feedback.

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K