What do you read? (Read 225 times)

kk_kittenkat

My favourite genre really is thriller/crime novels. Can't beat a good who done it. I've read a whole book on my Kindle just today and downloaded the next from that particular author.

I also read the news online on a daily basis, mainly through the BBC site and occasionally Sky. On the weekend I physically buy The Sunday Times broadsheet. Call me old fashioned but there's nothing better on a Sunday morning then curling up on the sofa with a strong cup of coffee and reading an actual paper.

I rarely read biographies or autobiographies but there are some I'm drawn to. There was a very harrowing one from a man who was an Irish gypsy and the violence and abuse he faced growing up. Stephen Fry's autobiography was a must read.

PDoe

Useless running posts. But I'm trying to get better.

kk_kittenkat

Useless running posts. But I'm trying to get better.

You're fine here, it's not about running.

I dig crime novels too. I dig adventure stories mostly though. I have read TONS of mountaineering stories, also like to read Literotica from time to time. I can think of at least 5 other ways to spend a Sunday morning, and none of them involve the paper.

Driver, Runner, Bestie

I love mystery and psychological thrillers.  My favorite authors are Michael Robotham, Jonathan Kellerman, Tana French, Gillian Flynn and John Grisham.  I love Stephen King, too, although I don't typically read horror.  He is just a bad habit developed when I was a teenager.  I find that I listen to far more audiobooks than actually reading printed books.  It's what I listen to on my runs.  So, I guess this thread can still be about running.

running metalhead

Logfiles :_(

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
              - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
              - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
              - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
              - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
              - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

kk_kittenkat

I love mystery and psychological thrillers.  My favorite authors are Michael Robotham, Jonathan Kellerman, Tana French, Gillian Flynn and John Grisham.  I love Stephen King, too, although I don't typically read horror.  He is just a bad habit developed when I was a teenager.  I find that I listen to far more audiobooks than actually reading printed books.  It's what I listen to on my runs.  So, I guess this thread can still be about running.

So which audiobooks do you recommend?

Mattgalvin11

Love reading! Big fan of philosophy and I am reading George Sheehans Running and Being which is awesome. Writing some as well. Just started a blog as well http://thestraightrace.blogspot.com about my journey of faith, the self, and running. I am also am looking for other good running blogs to read! Anyone know of any?

Fruchtenstein

Some of the recently finished books were: "Prime Obsession" by John Derbishire, "Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture" by Apostolos Doxiadis, "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn, Jules Vernes' "From the Earth to the Moon" and travel diaries of John Dundas Cochrane Smile