Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

I signed up for my first marathon today!! It's on 4-11-09 and is the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon.
    RunsForCake

I signed up for my first marathon today!! It's on 4-11-09 and is the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon.

Congrats! 

BTW,  I think you might mean 4-11-10...

xor

Thanks for the 4-1-1 Cake.

Cool Jump Suit

I actually am pretty awake and I have only had 1 caffeinated beverage

So bittersweet,
          This tragedy
          Won't ask for absolution;
          This melody,
          Inside of me,
          Still searches for solution.
          A twist of faith,
          A change of heart
          Cures my infatuation.
          A broken heart, 
          Provides the spark
          For my determination.

I completed my first 1/2 Marathon!  The Fresno Two Cities Marathon and Half.  What an experience.  Of course I didn't do as well as I wanted, but I finished around 2 hours, 17 minutes, about the same pace as my 12 mile a few weeks ago.  I was cautious due to some shin splint pain I've been dealing with last week, but no trouble from them.  This in now officially the longest run I've ever done.  I'm ready for another one!  Who knows, maybe next year I'll do the full marathon!

One more thing- I was really nervous.  I had dreams two nights in a row about not being ready, being last, and the usual "going to school in your underwear" dream, except it was the race.  Now that I've done it, I think next time won't be so stressful.  Tons of free stuff, too-hat, long sleeve technical shirt, finishers hooded sweatshirt and finishers medal.  Not bad for $50 entry!!

xor

I won a major award today.

an amazing likeness

I walked (actually shuffled) for 20 minutes today, a total of about 0.3 miles.  Two weeks, exactly, after being hit by a car, I was able to move enough that my ankles are sore and I needed a nap.  There is hope!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The King of Beasts

I walked (actually shuffled) for 20 minutes today, a total of about 0.3 miles.  Two weeks, exactly, after being hit by a car, I was able to move enough that my ankles are sore and I needed a nap.  There is hope!

good grief.

i am glad that you are getting better.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Nashville Dog Runner

Nov. 7 I pr'd on a tough course.  Just a race against myself, on some hills.  The victory came when I gained a tiny bit of knowledge about what it means to BONK.  I don't know if it was a bonk or a wall, but it was miserable.  I found out what I was made of and finished.

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

okay  srl,  I'll bite.  what was the major award?
                        I won my age divison (15-18) in a 5k race by outkicking a guy on my XC team in the fall whose PR was (and still is) 3 minutes faster than mine Smile
                          I completed the Sodbury Slog on Sunday! We paused for the usual two minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday before we set off. Dodged a herd of cows, jumped into ditches, waist deep in mud and, bizarrely, saw a framed picture of the Mona Lisa leaning against a small field marker (!) ... a bit random. But it was a brilliant race (only 9 miles, but so much fun, other runners  lovely, a great value goody bag at the end ... perfect way to spend an overcast/wet Sunday morning in November!!)

jelly,  sounds like my kind of race!! 

I ran a 7 mile trail (horse trail) race on Sunday, bitter cold wind (but no rain),  lots of mud, hills & well it was on horse trails so lots of ***   saw couple of face first wipeouts, & couple people limping or being helped to finish.  fantastic (except for the injured fallen, of course, hope all ok).. Soup & pumpkin pie after race treats.

I won a major award today.

Running related, or work related?  Congrats either way.

xor

heh.  I won a lamp that looks like a leg!

Actually, I came in 3rd in my age group in a race.  By definition, I came in 3rd because the faster people stayed home. 

Interestingly, had I run the half instead of the full, I would have won my age group and perhaps placed in top 5 overall.

And no, it's not like I'm one of those people who can talk about their halves in terms of minutes and sound not-silly (such as: "I ran a 68 minute half", which I totally cannot). Truly, the fast(er) people stayed home.

Still cool, though.