Cheap (well, cheaper) Asics Nimbus 9's at Sports Authority (Read 624 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Before you flame me for shopping at a big chain instead of a local running shop, let me start by saying that I wish that I could shop at a local running shop, but there aren't any where I now live. Believe me, I'd pay more for good service and the sense of local community if it was available. But, since it is not, I went to Sports Authority and the Asics Nimbus 9's are on sale for $89.99 and I asked if they had any coupons and they took another 20% off (there was a coupon in the paper over the weekend and they were nice enough to use it for me). Whoa hoa! Then a seagull pooped on me in the parking lot. So I guess that's my bad karma for not driving an hour to the nearest running shop.

Bring it on.

Baby bean!

Birds pooping on you is good luck. You got 20% off...maybe you will set new records in them! Wink

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I wouldn't buy the 9's; I didn't buy Asic Nimbus after the 7's came out, they changed style so much, and I just bought the 10's because I love them dearly, and they are comfy on long runs, but still they aren't as good as before; new ones have weird lacing pattern up near the tounge. I switched to Nike Vomero and go back and forth with my Nimbus now. Also for 99.00 I just bought Nike Victory which has the new flywire technology.