Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Resident Sk8r boi

Ahhh...Now I see why all the love for the pre. My Precision 13's arrived yesterday and got their first 5 (ok, 4.9) mile session this morning. Of course, we hit it off as they lay dying in the lineup. Here's hoping the Sayonara matches up to me as well as the precisions seem to...

haha, awesome.  Precision is a great shoe... but what is coming down the road is really exciting.  The Sayonara is setting up to be an awesome addition.. I'm HOPING to get my test pair soon.. wish I was a sample size 9!!

---------

Hey Cait..

Sorry your beloved Nirvana is going away... but its a shoe that time has come.  With the innovations of some of the new midsole materials, and the new technologies in the uppers Mizuno is using now... any update on the Nirvana would almost make the Nirvana feel like a "new" shoe.     So that being said... The Nirvana is being phased out to make room for a brand new shoe that is coming next year... that is going to be pretty sweet.

So, stock up in the Nirvana 8 for now... or better yet, check out the Wave Inspire 9, which is over 1.5 oz lighter than the Nirvana.. yet still a good stability shoe.

Why is Mizuno discontinuing the Wave Nirvana?   I really like it.  I'm sad now.

---------

CaitDS

Thanks for your response, Seth!  I do appreciate Mizuno making an entirely new shoe instead of "updating" the Nirvana to be something completely different.  Asics could take a lesson from you guys...  Wink

Looking forward to the new shoe!

Hey Cait..

Sorry your beloved Nirvana is going away... but its a shoe that time has come.  With the innovations of some of the new midsole materials, and the new technologies in the uppers Mizuno is using now... any update on the Nirvana would almost make the Nirvana feel like a "new" shoe.     So that being said... The Nirvana is being phased out to make room for a brand new shoe that is coming next year... that is going to be pretty sweet.

So, stock up in the Nirvana 8 for now... or better yet, check out the Wave Inspire 9, which is over 1.5 oz lighter than the Nirvana.. yet still a good stability shoe.

awesome Cait!   How's training going?

Thanks for your response, Seth!  I do appreciate Mizuno making an entirely new shoe instead of "updating" the Nirvana to be something completely different.  Asics could take a lesson from you guys...  Wink

---------

TxDiverMom

I've seen some really good prices on Wave Rider 15s and I've thought about trying them.  I currently wear ASICs GT2160s or 2170s and was wondering if i might be able to make that transition.  I think my ASICs are a little more supportive, but not a lot.

Hey TxDiverMom!!

Thanks for the question!

Rider 15 is slightly less supportive than the GT2170 (now called the GT2000) but honestly... there is plenty of inherent stability in the Rider, that someone whom doesn't need a ton of pronation control, usually does pretty well in the shoe.

If you're specifically looking for a more supportive Mizuno running shoe... check out the new Wave Inspire 9!

Best

Seth

I've seen some really good prices on Wave Rider 15s and I've thought about trying them.  I currently wear ASICs GT2160s or 2170s and was wondering if i might be able to make that transition.  I think my ASICs are a little more supportive, but not a lot.

---------

Just got this review in my inbox this morning, it's from the new Wave Ekiden .

I've had a test pair for a few months now, but the fit was too big for any sort of trakc workouts or races(I'd size down AT LEAST 1/2 size).

http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2012/12/mizuno-wave-ekiden-review/

---------

Smashy!!!

Seth,

Finally got a pair of Elixir 7s, and put 25 miles on them. I know I'm late to the party, but I LOVE these shoes. They're definitely taking the place of the Precision in my lineup.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

OMG WUT. Shocked The Nirvana is going away??

I'm. . . uh. . . entering the denial phase now so that's fine, really, even though it's my favorite shoe ever. Fine. Totally ok. Because I know there are two other Mizuno stability shoes - Alchemy and Inspire - that might do the job. Sethh - Can you tell us which of the two is most similar to the Nirvana in terms of fit, function, and overall feel?

The Rider 16's kick ass.  Love them.

And I just started hitting the trails last month in order to get ready for my upcoming 50K in the trails and my Riders are doing just fine...and I've been dealing with ice, slushy mud, and rocks.  Who needs trail shoes?

Welcome to 2012 dude!  Haha...

Seth,

Finally got a pair of Elixir 7s, and put 25 miles on them. I know I'm late to the party, but I LOVE these shoes. They're definitely taking the place of the Precision in my lineup.

---------

Hey there RunHarrietRun!

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. But yea, the Nirvana has been phased out.

i think for MOST runners, they will fit very well int the Wave Inspire.  The fit and feel is closer to the Nirvana than the Alchemy, plus the new 9th edition is super smooth on the run, yet provides just enough stability AND cushion,

let me know if I can help any further...

OMG WUT. Shocked The Nirvana is going away??

I'm. . . uh. . . entering the denial phase now so that's fine, really, even though it's my favorite shoe ever. Fine. Totally ok. Because I know there are two other Mizuno stability shoes - Alchemy and Inspire - that might do the job. Sethh - Can you tell us which of the two is most similar to the Nirvana in terms of fit, function, and overall feel?

---------

EricR

Seth,

Simply the best shoe for me.  Will not hesitate to buy the 8's when I eventually run out of 7's.

Welcome to the new forums Eric!!!!

I've got 3 pair of 8's right now (2 still in the box) as I'm running in my last 2 pair of 7's that have abou 400 miles each on them.
                                I'd still snag a few 7's along the way if I see any around.

HeII, I even still run in an old pair of 6's once in a while.   #ElixirLove

Simply the best shoe for me.  Will not hesitate to buy the 8's when I eventually run out of 7's.

---------