>Suggestions and Feature Requests>Tapatalk
I would love to see the forums Tapatalk-enabled, but am not holding my breath. Seems to me, it'd be quite a lot of work.
That said, it'd be WONDERFUL if the forums were just a bit more Android-browser-friendly. (I've tried the stock browsers, Dolphin, and Chrome.)
Reading is OK - although page layouts seem to vary (scaling well sometimes but not others). But, posting is terrible.
I've been a paid member, although I'm currently lapsed. I'd conside re-upping, but the Android issue (and lack of progress over two years) is really frustrating. I don't use this site to log, but I do use it socially - less so than I'd like because I'm more-often-than-not on an Android device.
pace sera, sera
I've received several requests for Tapatalk but honestly, I haven't figured out how that would benefit RA. I don't know how much work is involved, but I know I need to connect RA's forums to Tapatalk via their API. Let me know if I'm wrong, but Tapatalk is akin to Facebook in that it promises more forum traffic but its seems like Tapatalk (and Facebook) has more to gain than RA.
My plan after the log upgrade is to finally work on mobile version of the site. Can you believe I still don't have a smart phone? I think the mobile site will allow RA to have more control over its contents.
What are your thoughts of the mobile site approach?
Chasing the bus
“You're either on the bus or off the bus.” ― Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
Have you looked at using something like Bootstrap from Twitter? It's a css and js library.
It has made our website quite useable on smart phones. So much so that we don't feel it is worth writing iOS and/or Android apps.
We don't have a forum or data entry pages so this approach may not suit RA.
Will Crew for Beer
2014 Goal: Run Monkey as my first marathon. Brilliant!
If the rich text editor were enabled it would be a huge improvement. I've yet to see a mobile version of a website that is worth using. They tend to have so much less functionality than the full version that it's just frustrating. Of course I'm more intersted in using the site from my iPad than my iPhone, so I'm a bit biased against mobile websites because of the larger screen size.
I tried enabling the wysiwyg editor for the iPad. It all works on my development and test machines, but when I uploaded the changes to the production servers, it didn't work. I'm still trying to track down the problem.