NFC Championship (Read 978 times)

xor

Colts v Saints.  Yay.

Having it happen via Favre "pulling a Favre" (the dumbass gunslinger interception that he's famous for)?  BLOODY AWESOME.  I mean, seriously.

For all you long-time Vikes fans, I am sorry.  You had a great season (and lots of not-so-great seasons for years) and you deserve a shot at the big trophy.  I mean it.

My wife, who's not really a football fan, but a Favre fan, got sort of upset at me when I said, "Ah, the real Favre is finallyi showing up. It just took him longer this year."    

Yes, he's a great player, but he's had a knack of trying to do too much and costing his team. 

Colts v Saints.  Yay.

Having it happen via Favre "pulling a Favre" (the dumbass gunslinger interception that he's famous for)?  BLOODY AWESOME.  I mean, seriously.

Peterson oughta be amazing, but man he coughs up the football.

That was rather prophetic of you.  I mean, I know he's always been a fumbler but that was pretty much the ballgame.  The guy had 2 official fumbles and the Favre fumble was really Peterson's fault. 

xor

Having Peterson and Bush in the same game...would have been fun to bet the over/under on total fumbles.

And 12 men in the huddle.  Ay caramba.

MrH

So not G.O.A.T., just "a goat"

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Colts v Saints.  Yay.

For all you long-time Vikes fans, I am sorry.  You had a great season (and lots of not-so-great seasons for years) and you deserve a shot at the big trophy.  I mean it.

I get it.  Just wondering, though: Did you have an ounce of sympathy for him as the Saints were attempting to break his sternum and ribs, in that order?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

I get it.  Just wondering, though: Did you have an ounce of sympathy for him as the Saints were attempting to break his sternum and ribs, in that order?

Yes.  Though he is an NFL quarterback, so what do you expect?  And in some part I blame him for taking the pounding.  They were getting to him by blitzing, not with the down linemen.  He should have been able to see this an audible accordingly, because there had to be someone in man coverage in that case.  You beat them often enough on that, or draw plays or screen plays and you slow down the pressure.     

Mitch & Pete's Mom

My favorite part: I was post-race, sitting in my big leather chair with my feet up, drinking beer.
                  Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                  xor

Nope. Not a single ounce.  This has nothing to do with who the person happens to be either.

He gets paid $$$ to play in the NFL and that's pretty much what NFL defenses try to do to opposing QBs.  And there are all kinds of rules/penalties in place to help protect QBs.

So.  No.

I just thought it was funny that he did the classic Favre crap-the-bed move at the end of the game.

Nope. Not a single ounce.  This has nothing to do with who the person happens to be either.

Yeah, I didn't figure you to approve of excessive violence on annoying people.  I should have separated the issues better.  

I see your point re $$$, but $$$ or no, that Hargrove maneuver was messed up, not Warren Sapp messed up, but still. And, no, I don't think I'm over-exaggerating (too much) by hearkening back to the Sapp-attack.    

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Dunno.  I'm no Favre fan but it seemed to be pretty cheap and a violation of the "Brady Rule".  Maybe you have to be named Brady to benefit from the rule?

What really bothered me more than anything was that the Favre hit occurred one week after the cheap shot he laid on Warner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfihigQyYU

What do I know.  I'm a lover not a fighter...

...and I'm glad I don't play QB in the NFL.  I still think that Childress looks more like an accountant than an NFL coach. 

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Prince of Fatness

Dunno.  I'm no Favre fan but it seemed to be pretty cheap and a violation of the "Brady Rule".  Maybe you have to be named Brady to benefit from the rule?

I don't condone cheap shots but if you look at it, the way the rules are set up these days (the receivers having such an advantage) the only way to stop an offense is to get hits on the QB and make him throw when he doesn't want to.  Give almost any NFL QB time to throw and he'll complete passes.  This is a passing league now and that's how they want it.

Not at it at all. 

born on the bayou

Though he is an NFL quarterback, so what do you expect?       

+1.

- Amanda
                            galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I don't condone cheap shots but if you look at it, the way the rules are set up these days (the receivers having such an advantage) the only way to stop an offense is to get hits on the QB and make him throw when he doesn't want to.  Give almost any NFL QB time to throw and he'll complete passes.  This is a passing league now and that's how they want it.

I agree with you.  I just think it is interesting the times the refs do decide or don't decide to throw the flag.  You will see times when a defender breaths on the QB and gets a flag. Case in point: I still don't understand the personal foul the Saints defender got for sacking Favre.

I do think the league has gone too far in defending QBs.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Prince of Fatness

Case in point: I still don't understand the personal foul the Saints defender got for sacking Favre.

Well, they said that he picked him up and then planted him into the ground.  It's interesting that if it was any player other than a QB that's considered a textbook tackle.  I agree that they are overdoing it as far as protecting the QB goes

Not at it at all.