you can't make this stuff up part III (Read 1383 times)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_on_re_us/foot_in_brain ok. I didn't see that one comming when I opened the news this morning. I can tell you my breakfast was less appealing thinking about this story. I guess that's why I'm not in medicine. To some people it is probably very interesting.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stephen King wrote a book about this sort of thing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

if left to fully form maybe the kid could have been the best headstander in the history of the world.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Stephen King wrote a book about this sort of thing.
          Which book? I've read 'em all (nearly), and I don't remember this. MTA: Ok, I kind of remember something like this, but I still can't remember which book.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

I think I've worked with some people with this congenital defect. Except they had their head up their butt somehow. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

One of my good friends from high school/college had emergency surgery as a freshman to have her ovary removed due to a cyst or tumor or something. When they took it out, they found teeth and hair growing on it. To this day, I shutter at the thought of it.
                my mother-in-law apparently has two spleens. Or is that spline? I never figured on plural use of the work spleen. Anyway it kind of gives me the willies.

pitrunner

One of my good friends from high school/college had emergency surgery as a freshman to have her ovary removed due to a cyst or tumor or something. When they took it out, they found teeth and hair growing on it. To this day, I shutter at the thought of it.
                  I think I just threw up a little.

Dog-Love

I remember in college a guy who had 4 kidneys 2 spleens 2 livers (basically he told me he had 2 of everything)....I said 2 of EVERYTHING? He did have a really broad torso...very strange but a great organ donor I guess
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      he should sell some of them on ebay.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I believe they are called teratomas. I always thought it was an family myth that my Grandma had one. She was part of a rather superstitious immigrant family. They thought it was a baby that was "went wrong." Maybe someone with medical knowledge can shed some light.
                        Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a friend in college who had a similar tale. Some sort of abdominal surgery when she was a teen discovered that she had absorbed a twin in-utero. That knowledge would give me nightmares for the rest of my days, I'd think. Globule, I think the book was titled "The Dark Half," maybe...Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

my mother-in-law apparently has two spleens. Or is that spline? I never figured on plural use of the work spleen.
                            The second one is the b spline. (this is another incredibly obscure joke for bhearn and math/CS-heads who will probably never see it)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Globule, I think the book was titled "The Dark Half," maybe...Confused
                              Oh yeah, that's the one. Thanks, that would've bugged me all day! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I so innocently logged on at lunchtime to peruse the site...and now I think I might vomit, both from the news article and the follow-ups...OMG.
                                2009 Goals:
                                PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                                Run a 10K
                                Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                                Complete my first Sprint Tri