Importing training plans? (Read 63 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I'm guessing not, but is there a way to import a training plan from an Excel file?  It would be a huge hassle to enter all that data manually...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

eric :)

Hi bluerun,

RA currently does not support importing of training plans.  The primary reason is there is no standard format to describe training plans.  If the plan is Excel based, then each person would have a different set of columns.  I suppose I can standardize the format, but not sure a typical plan looks like.

eric Smile

bluerun

Super B****

Wouldn't any plan have seven columns for seven days of the week?... though I'm far from a computer genius, so even though it might sound simple to me, it probably isn't.  Oh, well, it was a nice thought!  Smile

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Wouldn't any plan have seven columns for seven days of the week?... though I'm far from a computer genius, so even though it might sound simple to me, it probably isn't.  Oh, well, it was a nice thought!  Smile

My excel training plan had three rows per week (for each of up to 3 runs per day) with columns for pace, distance and workout type for each day. That makes every day a 3x3 matrix and even with that it was a struggle whenever I needed to put in an sort of complicated set of intervals. That's the problem, we all do it differently because we all have different training plans.

My solution was dumping the excel file and just using the RA training plan from the start.

Eric, have you thought about having a paid portal for coaches to send RA training plans to their athletes? Has this been discussed elsewhere?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My excel training plan had three rows per week (for each of up to 3 runs per day) with columns for pace, distance and workout type for each day. That makes every day a 3x3 matrix and even with that it was a struggle whenever I needed to put in an sort of complicated set of intervals. That's the problem, we all do it differently because we all have different training plans.

My solution was dumping the excel file and just using the RA training plan from the start.

Eric, have you thought about having a paid portal for coaches to send RA training plans to their athletes? Has this been discussed elsewhere?

That was my thought - It's probably just as easy to learn the RA way and create the plans directly.

I think the coach's portal has been discussed, and indeed, Eric may be working on something like that.