2014 Flying Pig Marathon (Read 98 times)

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Well, I've signed up for my first marathon at Flying Pig, Cincinatti, Ohio.

Anybody else from RA going to be there? 

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

npaden

I won't be there for 2014, but this year it was my first ever marathon.  Was a really great event for me.

Kind of crazy that I'm also prepping for my first 5k of the year tomorrow and my goal is a 21:30 as well.

Good luck!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

It's on my "bucket list" of races, for reasons I can't put my finger on.

But not this year.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Running Chick

flying pig?????  i just saw the topic, have no idea what race this is, but it made me laugh.  i'm gonna look it up now!  thanks for cracking me up.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I won't be there for 2014, but this year it was my first ever marathon.  Was a really great event for me.

Kind of crazy that I'm also prepping for my first 5k of the year tomorrow and my goal is a 21:30 as well.

Good luck!

Thanks! A good luck on your 5k.

- Scott

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

flying pig?????  i just saw the topic, have no idea what race this is, but it made me laugh.  i'm gonna look it up now!  thanks for cracking me up.

I hear it is one of the better mid-western races. Plus, got to love a race shirt with a winged pig on it. Smile

- Scott

I did it last spring. It was my 2nd 26.2 I had a blast. Great support, nice route. Have fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Imminent Catastrophe

ONe of my favorites, very well-organized, great support, big expo, lots of schwag, and three of my fastest races were at pig. Once you get up that hill at mile 8 it's all down and fast.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I look my best blurry!

I won't be there but ran the half in 2012 and loved the whole event! It was a surprisingly beautiful course.  I ran the half and then ran back the full course to run a friend in.  It was so much fun!  Skip theSkyline chili though!  BLECK!  Sorry Cincinnati!  I prefer a Primanti's sandwich!  I'll be doing the Pittsburgh Marathon relay that day!

I ran it so I could get the medal with the pig butt on the back. Seriously.

mta: Okay okay, I had 3 friends who also wanted to run it, too.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I ran it so I could get the medal with the pig butt on the back. Seriously.

mta: Okay okay, I had 3 friends who also wanted to run it, too.

That is a nice medal.  I pretend I'm not influenced by the swag, but...

lesliel

spam