did i miss something? (Read 1408 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

this has somehow been interpreted as my not supporting eric in all he does, and that's just wrong. i very much support what he does here.

however.

i don't like the preset colon, mostly because it is a completely different way of typing the time than anywhere else, for instance in an email or somesuch, therefore it is awkward and annoying.

however.

that doesn't mean i don't support eric. it simply means i disagree with him.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

I am good with the colon.

I'm still trying to figure out how to toggle AM and PM without my mouse.

Number tab number gives me my time... but tab then sends it to the next entry field.  If I run after noon, am I missing the trick for setting PM?

FWIW, I use the 24hr time format, merely because I've done numerical data entry in the past and it's a breeze for me to hammer away at the number keypad.  Having to hit Tab in the middle of a time entry is an extra step, but not an onerous one.

If the cursor would auto-jump from the hours space to the minutes space after I typed two characters, that'd be great.  But I'm not demanding or even requesting it.

Smile

Thanks again, eric!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A general gripe, not at RA.  I guess it would be okay to auto-jump from field to field, if they were consistent.  It's most common in phone number fields.  I type the area code and tab, and find myself one field too far along; or I type the whole number only to find that I'm still stuck in a field that accepts only three digits.

Similarly, with the fields that auto-highlight (there are several in the RA log): It seems I often want to change only one or two digits. It should be <click> <bksp> <digit> or <highlight> <correction>, but instead it's <click> <bksp> oops, the entire entry is gone <type the whole thing again>.

Thank you for listening.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just put in a race manually, for the first time in a while, and I was stumped trying to figure out how to get over to the minutes field of the time of day. I knew there was a whole thread about it, but I hadn't paid attention, as it hadn't affected me.

I finally gave up and used the mouse.   I gather from this thread that tab is probably the mystical answer.

I don't know if there has already been covered, but would it be possible to have the minutes defaulted to 00?  Because if they were, then I would have given up on worrying about them, because I didn't really care about the minutes -- I just assumed that the data input would break if I didn't get something over there saying something (not actually sure if that is true though).

PS: I don't have an AM/PM at all. My time entry is 24hour. If anyone else would like this, I believe you can set your own log to work like this, via Options/Locale Settings/Time Format/Use 24 hour.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

BTW, I lost my entire data entry b/c I'd paused to come post here, and then forgot to save it, so I am starting to do it over, and I tested, and yes, tab is the mystical answer for how to get to the minutes part.

(I forgot to test to see if you can just ignore the minutes part.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

It might eliminate some of the pain if, when users are in that field and type a colon, it automatically jumps to the next field. Just a wee little bit of Javascript should do the trick.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, but then I'm a hands on the keyboard tabbing away all day long kind of guy.

It might also be easier if it was the same for all fields. It is only the "time of day" field that has the preset colon. For "duration" we still have to enter the colons, and that field is even more unclear, because if you enter for instance "2:35", it is not obvious if that means 2 hours and 35 minutes or 2 minutes and 35 seconds. Actually if you type "2:35" it means minutes and seconds, but if you then add ":00" so it reads "2:35:00", then those same numbers change meaning to hours and minutes. That has fooled me a couple of times, and I have had to look at the speed/pace in order to see how it was interpreted . I think the "duration" field is in even more need of clarification that the "time of day" field.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

why is the ":" now permanently in the time for workouts, forcing me to hit "tab" type what used to be an easy flow of text?

This is another thing Eric fixed in the recent updates.  Now you can type tab or colon, as you wish, to jump to the minutes field!  Smile

eric :)

This is another thing Eric fixed in the recent updates.  Now you can type tab or colon, as you wish, to jump to the minutes field!  Smile

You can also press A or P to toggle AM and PM.  I made many such small changes to the site.  Just didn't think they're notable enough to be listed on the release announcement.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You can also press A or P to toggle AM and PM.  I made many such small changes to the site.  Just didn't think they're notable enough to be listed on the release announcement.

Whoa, yet another enhancement that I missed!  I just checked, and it works on my Android phone, too.