Knee Pain (again) (Read 843 times)

flatfootruns

When I stretch my leg straight out on my bed and press down with my finger tips i found the pain is in the lower part of my knee cap, not above or below?"

any idea's...thanks A lot...

To paraphrase some wise person who said that if doing that stretching the leg and pressing on it hurts, stop doing that (couldn't resist).

an amazing likeness

Your knee hurts. When you poke it. There's tendons there, and other stuff. Ice it. Rest it. See if it improves. Stop poking it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hoban-Jay

When I stretch my leg straight out on my bed and press down with my finger tips i found the pain is in the lower part of my knee cap, not above or below?"

any idea's...thanks A lot...

Torn meniscus.  That's my bet.

ValerieHill

Knee pain could be of various types, each with a distinctive cause. The key facts are that the knee pain obviously needs consideration because it could become more intense. Right after experiencing a proper knee pain diagnosis, you can discover the most suitable solution . This bit is considered the most necessary one because it helps you to move on to the daily schedule and things which are primarily affected by your knee ache. 

runwietecha

Sounds like its patellar tendonitis, opposed to pain underneath the knee cap.  Treat with heat, not ice and when the pain starts to go down, try out some eccentric squats.  You may also find some relief from rolling out and stretching your rectus femoris, which can get really tight and throw off some other things.

Sounds like its patellar tendonitis, opposed to pain underneath the knee cap.  Treat with heat, not ice and when the pain starts to go down, try out some eccentric squats.  You may also find some relief from rolling out and stretching your rectus femoris, which can get really tight and throw off some other things.

I'd add that in fighting my own patellar tendinitis, I had success rolling my glutes, hamstrings, calves, quads, ITBs and peroneals pre-run.  Takes ~5min and definitely made a difference.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

flatfootruns

thanks for the info, going to an ortho. thursday, my 1st visit to a Doctor for an over use injury...see what happens...