Wrist ID Tags (Read 2351 times)

Am I doing this right?

Another one with Road ID fabric with velcro closure.

This ^

No excuses....

Another one with Road ID fabric with velcro closure.

+1

Didn't *think* mine stank; not so sure now.  Actually I just run it under the tap along with my heart rate monitor and strap when I get back in every day and it seems fine.  Haven't died from licking my heart rate monitor yet, anyway.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Jazz hands!

Fabric road ID here; I just sniff-tested it and it just smells like sunscreen. Haven't had it that long, though.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Fabric road ID here; I just sniff-tested it and it just smells like sunscreen. Haven't had it that long, though.

I had my Timex fabric/velcro watch for years and it only stunk a little.  i don't think I ever watched it.

Same fabric as those Road ID ones.

Jeff

servingthealiens

www.finishsafe.com

And I can't be selling anything, they're FREE.  Approve  It's for real.  I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, and they just came yesterday. 

xor

Perhaps because of something I wrote, many people performed the sniff test on a personal possession today.

I couldn't be more proud.

I think the fabric RoadID is more comfortable, but they do get smelly.  The silicone one felt too bulky.   My current solution is to put the metal tag on my small Livestrong yellow band.  No fastener, no velcro-  perfect.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Carl A

For those don't wish to buy and sniff an ID tag but do have a fear of being unconscious and having no way to tell your loved ones what's going on, here are some ideas:

1. Use a fine-point permanent marker to write your name and home phone number right on a Livestrong-type bracelet, if you have one of these laying around.

2. If you carry a water bottle, write your info on that.

3. Write the info on the inside edge of your sneaker soles.

4. Go to the beach. Pick up one of those little clamshells with a hole in it. Write the info on the underside. Then, string it around your neck with an old shoelace or something.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

ymmv

My wife got me a nice ID wrist tag. It has my name and address on it, but what does 'DNR' mean?
                    xor

My wife got me a nice ID wrist tag. It has my name and address on it, but what does 'DNR' mean?

DO NOT RESUSCITATE.

(also department of natural resources, which makes no nevermind on your road id. But where I live, when running trails, it is important to know what is isn't DNR land because that helps you understand which permit to display on your dashboard)

Tramps

I went the low-cost route a few years back.  I got a metal dog tag at the pet store from one of those engraving machines.  $2.95, I think, with enough room for name and phone numbers.  I used the little ring it came with to attach it to my Garmin, which I almost always take on runs.  Problem solved and I don't have to remember to put it on.

Be safe. Be kind.

xor

I went the low-cost route a few years back.  I got a metal dog tag at the pet store from one of those engraving machines.  $2.95, I think, with enough room for name and phone numbers.  I used the little ring it came with to attach it to my Garmin, which I almost always take on runs.  Problem solved and I don't have to remember to put it on.

So it hangs from your garmin?  This wouldn't work for me, even if I tucked it in.  Sooner or later I would snag it on something and break my garmin or my wrist.  (perhaps I'm misunderstanding.  Either way, I'm a spaz)

Tramps

So it hangs from your garmin? 

Yeah, but barely.  Sort of like a charm bracelet.  There's no way to really get it caught on anything.

Be safe. Be kind.

haha

xor

alright alright, I missed the joke.  Good!