>Racing>October "Virtual" race sign-up - 5K, 5Mile, 10K
Roads were made for journeys...
'07: 1324.5 | '08: 1561 | '09: 1810.9 run ~ 208.7 bike | '10: 1,000.3 run ~ 3513.5 bike | '11: 710.3 run ~ 4157.9 bike '12: 659.9 run ~ 3365.6 bike (100% benched by ortho last 4.5 weeks while in long-arm cast)
• DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!!!
• get within 5#s of 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)
• 1st olympic distance duathlon
• 1st Iceman Cometh mtn bike race
• Half Fanatic
• punch Type 1 in the junk
I was thinking (always dangerous) that Eric's efforts with the website could be supported financially by charging a nominal virtual race entry fee - maybe $3-5 or something like that. Any thoughts?
I think someday - as in six months or year from now - it might be interesting to do two things:
1) Seriously collect a buck from everyone, and then use it to give the winner of each race a Zoom/Wingz designed t-shirt (or dorky bumper sticker) or something like that. Something tangible. Maybe even semi-useful. A $10 gift certificate to the nearest podiatrist? Do the offer gift certificates? A pet flying monkey?
2) Now here's the catch - before step one, take all of the prior results and come up with some way of handicapping the races so everyone could actually compete. Don't ask me how exactly. That probably involves math. But I'm sure somebody out there has figured it out or could.
Might be fun. Just a thought. It's certainly fun suggesting more work for Wingz to do.
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.