back to running.. (Read 578 times)

well after taking 1/2 of june and all of July off I am finally back to running. My excuse is pretty pathetic too--my mp3 player broke and i couldnt fathom running without it. i just used that as an excuse. so this past week i finally got back into the groove and put in an 18 mile week. not too bad for only beginning running in april, then taking off about 6 weeks. i forgot how great it feels to finish a run. what a rush it is to accomplish something you never thought you could. today I did 4 miles, and it was tough, i ran slow, but I am following the halhigdon 1/2 marathon training and hopefully I can keep it up. oh and I splurged and bought a garmin...what a great motivating tool! I found a good deal on amazon and I couldnt pass it up, I am a sucker for gagets! ok now i am rambling but just wanted to post how much i really missed running and how happy I am that I am back!

Lazy idiot

Welcome back to the road. Keep up the good work.

Tick tock

Great job!

madness baby

It's great to read that. It makes me want to go out for a run! Smile thanks for sharing
          deb
            That's awesome. Welcome back to the obsession!!!! Evil grin
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
              Welcome back, Kerry!!! Wink It does feel good to re-start. Today, I started running again following a 9 month layoff. Thought it would be slow and painful but it wasn't bad at all. During my 30 years or so of doing this dance, I have found that some time off once in a while is good for the bod. (I do replace it with other exercise, particularly long, fast walking several times a week.) By building sabbaths into my schedule every so often I really think has helped to keep nagging injuries away.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Hey K Big grin Good to see you on RA Smile
                2009: BQ?