Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Run Away!

Not sure how "weird" this is, but I did find a bank check lying on the trail one day - the kind you write to pay someone for items you've purchased. It had obviously been recently dropped, but no one was around. Unfortunately, it wasn't made out to me. Smile Looked like Carol someone paying her friend Bonnie for items purchased at a yard sale. I snatched it on the way by and dropped it off at the check-writer's house after I finished the run. It was nice that it happened to be a house in the neighborhood near where I was running. It was also nice that it was an object one could return to the owner (unlike a certain vibrator) Wink - Dave
      one time i saw a weave - like fake hair - on the curb. it rained that night, and moved close to the sewer drain but didn't quite make it, so it was there for like a month after i first spotted it. it was pretty nasty, but became a game...every time it stormed, i'd run by the next day and it would be several inches closer to the sewer. its like i was rooting it on...no pun intended....

Anyone have pizza?

Heh, the story gets better... So I was just telling did about my finding. He asks "where was it?" Then when I realized the name of the street where I was running when I saw the plastic phallus-substitute I about choked--Wilcox. Tongue
        Hah! Well at least you didn't stumble over it. Imagine explaining that to your doctor! LOL. I just realized the reference before with my Surprised ... And I thought I was the king of understanding connotative remarks and expressions! Although, I'm still thinking about the eye patch...lol...... Black eye Wink Tongue
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Surprised Black eye What would that mean...? Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I once had a cat chase me. Well, it didn't chase me directly, but as I jogged by that cat hopped along side of me the whole length of his front yard. And by hop, I mean with it's back arched and all, it was strange. He/she wasn't a big cat, but it was a fast furry orange thing that clearly didn't like me jogging by.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I once had a cat chase me. Well, it didn't chase me directly, but as I jogged by that cat hopped along side of me the whole length of his front yard. And by hop, I mean with it's back arched and all, it was strange. He/she wasn't a big cat, but it was a fast furry orange thing that clearly didn't like me jogging by.
              Ha, that sideways hop thing is definitely an aggression tactic or something they do when startled. Our cats all grew out of that by about 4 months. That would have been a funny thing to see. You either scared him or made him feel threatened. Silly furry beast. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

muse_runner

keep running.

I'm thinking.....BAD AIM! Big grin
                awww shiggidy.
                running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                CherryDG

A skunk. He was strolling around the trail at about 6:30 in the morning over the summer. Little guy must've been sick or injured because he actually kept walking towards people.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A skunk. He was strolling around the trail at about 6:30 in the morning over the summer. Little guy must've been sick or injured because he actually kept walking towards people.
                    Eek, sounds like rabies! Rabid animals are often very tame. Not long ago a mom I know was telling a story of a "tame" fox at a little league practice. Someone called animal control and most people stayed in their cars with their kids until the authorities came. Except for one Darwin Awards family that was out petting it with their children. Some people are really not fit to procreate. k

~ Sarah Kay

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Just on todays run - a full set of keys in the road. I just left them, hopefully that's the easiest place for the owner to find them.
                        one time i saw a weave - like fake hair - on the curb. it rained that night, and moved close to the sewer drain but didn't quite make it, so it was there for like a month after i first spotted it. it was pretty nasty, but became a game...every time it stormed, i'd run by the next day and it would be several inches closer to the sewer. its like i was rooting it on...no pun intended....
                        LMAO! Big grin
                        ---- Cynthia
                          I saw a vibrator today. Black eye
                          You could have at least taken the batteries out. Big grin I assume something like that would have D cells.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could have at least taken the batteries out. Big grin I assume something like that would have D cells.
                            YOU touch it...I'm not pickin' it up! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

YOU touch it...I'm not pickin' it up! Tongue k
                              Ha! Nasty.

Michelle