14 min 5k , is that good enough. (Read 1139 times)

Tiefsa

Was the first post for this on April 1st?

If not, tell me which race you are entered in, and what your name is.  I want to see the results sheet after your race.

dallison

registered pw

I think that puts you in the mid 8's.

I wasn't pissed at all, more surprised than anything. It was nice and cool, with beautiful views of the water. I was just running along having a good time.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

I don't know man. I don't think leg hair has jack to with wind resistance and shit.

Haven't entered a race yet grasshopper, i said i was thinking about it.

#artbydmcbride

I don't know man. I don't think leg hair has jack to with wind resistance and shit.

shit dribbles down better on shaved legs!

Runners run

That's gross man.

RunnerRonny

Haven't entered a race yet grasshopper, i said i was thinking about it.

I will race you one day rooster.

A woman once hailed from Nantucket.

She added a 5k to her bucket

list. So she trained and she ran

as fast as she can

So her 5000 PR didn't suck it.

Is enjambment allowed in limericks? Bad grammar?

no humidity.

Ah, makes sense now.

Runners run

On On

A woman came from Nantucket
                      To lazy to run so she did a tuck it
                      Flat tummy and no ass made her fine
                      Her friends and family no longer called her a swine
                      Now she eats from the table and not a bucket

If you have that pacing ability you would not have to ask on a running forum if your pace was GOOD enough for a little local 5k race.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

RunnerRonny

If you have that pacing ability you would not have to ask on a running forum if your pace was GOOD enough for a little local 5k race.

Why not, most of the best runners never race.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yeah, i'm gettin' no love. It's cool though. I'll just keep on keepin' on. Now that i realize alot of people can't haul ass like this. I might enter the next 5k near me.

If you run 14 minutes you should win easily. I'd estimate sub-14:30 would win well over 95% of the 5K road races I've seen results for in the 45 years I've been running. Be sure to stick around for the post-race awards ceremony because some of those races offer cash prizes and other tangible awards besides trophies or medals.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GC100k

14 minutes pretty much sucks.  In NCAA D1 indoor that would have ranked you only 34th and you would not have even qualified for nationals.  But those are guys who have been training specifically for a long time, are running on tracks, are wearing racing spikes, and are racing hard.  You were just cruising along enjoying the scenery.

If you really race hard on your first 5k, you will likely be among the best in the world.  It'd be really cool if you could continue to post here and tell us the inside story on world class racing.

I don't want trophies and shit. I just like to be outside having fun, running. Besides i was just asking a question, none of my friends run. So, i didn't know what was good and what sucks. Now i know.