Arriva Wireless Headphones for iPod Shuffle (Read 1535 times)

adolphus

I am still in search of the perfect headphones for running. None seem quite right. Few will stay in my ears reliably and most wear out after six months or so. I use a second generation iPod shuffle and found a wireless pair from Arriva (http://www.arriva.com/) that is flexible and mounts the iPod right on the headphones at the nape of the neck. It looks cool and is getting good reviews at various electronic websites so I am likely to purchase. My biggest concern is sweat. The nape of the neck is a very sweaty place and I worry that situating the iPod there will get moisture in the iPod and cause malfunctions. I had this problem with an earlier iPod I had to trash. Has anyone used this headphone? Does anyone have ideas to keep sweat our of the iPod? Matt
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I wear a hat, so that looks like it would be tricky with that. Neat idea, though. For that price it might be worth a try. Have you tried any of the Sennheiser Sport headphones? They are also about $40 and are bombproof. I sweat a ton and have run in downpours with no issues. Have logged almost 2k miles with mine. I have the MX-75 models...fit great.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

adolphus

I have not tried the Sennheisers yet, mostly because they look a lot like some others I have tried that have not worked well at all. I will add it to my very short list. Thanks for the recommendation. Re Hats: (and glasses actually) I thought of that and it is a worry. Commenters and reviewers at electronics sites have noted that you can been and shape the headphones around just about any headgear. Thanks, Matt

Dave

Those look really cool. May have to try it. Sweat kills my headsets so I go cheap. Currently on my third set of cheap Sony, over the ear kind. Not to hijack the thread but with the 2G shuffle, I'd just like a cheap pair with a really short cord so that I can clip it to my hat (1 foot?).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I haven't used the particular Sennheisers that Zoomie recommends, but they are a pretty good brand overall and might be worth a try.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Have you tried any of the Sennheiser Sport headphones? They are also about $40 and are bombproof. I sweat a ton and have run in downpours with no issues. Have logged almost 2k miles with mine. I have the MX-75 models...fit great.
              I have the same ones...I tried all kinds before finding these. The ONLY complaint I have is the wind gets a little noisy on these, but that happens with any of these style. It's not worth fighting with earbuds to get around it...just crank up the volume slightly. Plus in cold weather you can cover them with a hat and it's not an issue. MTA: I responded before I looked at the Arriva link in the original post. That looks like a good idea, and I would definitely not mind getting rid of the wires, but I think you are right about the sweat. I would kill my Ipod in one run with these. Also, I don't have the MX-75's...I have the PMX70 with the neck band.