Funniest thing your kid has said lately... (Read 1011 times)

It's not lately, but it still gives me a chuckle. When my son (who is now a fifteen year old) was two, he pissed my ex-wife off big time and was getting the third degree. The corners of his lips were gradually curling up, and she paused her invective to say "are you laughing at me?" then "you ARE laughing at me, aren't you?" He was busted and he knew it, but he didn't yet know how to lie. He just said "I'm trying to make a sad face, but my body wants to laugh" Well that was the end of the tirade, she couldn't stay mad at him after that and SHE wound up laughing. He's still a piece of work, and I'm sure the best is yet to come.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I don't have any kids so I'll probably end up falling into them ONE of THOSE familes Big grin category My niece got a red tailed boa for her 3rd birthday. Yes a snake! It's not a dinky one (5 or 6 feet long and probably 7 or 8 inches around). My brother in law keeps it locked up, but my niece is a little sneaky. When she was at home with my sister she went in to the room with the snake and closed the door. Sister went around the house looking for her. When my sister found her she asked her what she was doing. My niece replied "helping daddy". My niece was hiding her hands in her pants. My sister discovered she had a clip and had been trying to PICK THE LOCK to get the snake out!!!

Vim

From my 3 year old son with numerous ear infections from babyhood - asked very matter of factly "I keep waiting for my new ears; when am i going to get them?" It was January, just past the "New Year". I guess he figured someone forgot his. Confused
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          My 2.5r yr old niece was having fun counting things (up to 3 Wink ) so we were "quizzing" her "How many eyebrows does Mommy have?" (thinks) "one...two....TWO!" "How many eyebrows does Daddy have?" (thinks) "one...ONE!" The truth hurts, sometimes
          He taught me to run high on my toes. I will always remember his words: run proud and remember you are alive.
            my wife is christian, i'm undecided, and our daughter goes to preschool at the jewish community center. we've heard for weeks now about how we're a jewish family from her. it always gives me a chuckle, but i can tell the wife wasn't amused. so last week my daughter starts: "daddy, we're not jewish" "geez, i dunno proto. you can be anything that you want to be, really." she thinks a while. "ok daddy, but don't tell mom. i'm jewish." err, happy "holidays" everyone. Smile

Dave

My wife almost died when I read her that, solar. Yesterday in our car, Christmas music was blaring. My 2 year old daughter was in the back seat enjoying the music but since it was a country station, I didn't figure she really understood the words much. "Santa Claus is coming to town" was playing and when the line came out "He knows if you've been bad or good" came, she hollered out "NOT ME" Shocked Surprised Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Jill_B

I fly.

My 3 year old son asked if he could have a happy meal because he wanted his food to be happy like him. I thought that was great! (Especially since we just about never eat fast food so he doesn't really know what a happy meal is)

Bring it on.

My son is 22 now, and my daughter 36, so not as funny as they used to be, but I remember a few classics. My son challenges me to race him to a tree in the park, he is about 6 years old. I win the race (but not by too much.) Son asks in a LOUD voice "Dad, when are you going to stop beating me?"

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

My 3 year old son asked if he could have a happy meal because he wanted his food to be happy like him. I thought that was great! (Especially since we just about never eat fast food so he doesn't really know what a happy meal is)
                    JB - I have to admit, I was hopping that LJB was going to say something about his new little brother. Like "he cries a lot. Can we send him back for a quieter baby?"
                      I'm back visiting the inlaws and was using their "dreadmill" the other night....My 3 year old son get so excited seeing me on it and I can tell he wants on...I ask if he wants to try running on the treadmilll and he says yes... I knock the speed down to about 1.5 mph and then hold his hands while I put him on...I straddle the treadmill and let him do his thing... He keeps telling me to go faster on it....So I go up to 2mph, then 2.5, then all the way to 3.5 eventually... I'm getting nervous although he's having a blast and I say "are you tired buddy?" He replies "No Daddy, I'm not tired!" He ran an entire 1/2 mile at that speed....He stumbled a bit and I said "are you done?" He says "No Daddy, I'm not tired yet!" So I ask him if he wants me to slow it down at least...He says "yes, Daddy" Couple minutes later, he's completely done and he'd ran the entire 1/2 mile...He continued to tell me "I'm not tired, Daddy!" I think I may have a runner on my hands... Big grin Big grin Big grin
                      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                        I have a 5-year old son, who thinks he's 15. The other night we were watching Christmas Vacation with him, and we laughed at something (don't remember which scene it was), and he laughed with us. Then he says "that's really funny!"... waits a split second, wipes the smile off his face, and very seriously says "but not appropriate." Big grin At least he knows the difference!!!

Michelle