How about logging your whole life? (Read 389 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

http://memoto.com/

Takes a photo every 30 seconds; all photos and gps coordinates are uploaded to the cloud.

sugnim

That could get awkward.

So, how's your beer, man?  And what's that thing on your shirt?

Oh, it's a camera. 

Oh, I see. 

[pretends his phone is ringing and excuses himself]

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Wasn't that called The Truman Show?

Dave

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That could get awkward.

Poop.

Also, Swedes are CRAZY!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That could get awkward.

That occurred to me too, but some people are more open about themselves than others.

npaden

That occurred to me too, but some people are more open about themselves than others.

You could wear it around your neck on a cord for times when you weren't wearing a shirt.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I think it's intriguing. Particularly from the standpoint of capturing different perspectives of the same event. For instance, a family of four at a theme park for the day and each person wears a camera. You'd have the unique perspectives of each person, that would intersect at times and obviously go different ways at others - it could be fun.

At + $200 I don't think I'll run out and buy four (or even one for that matter), but if Memoto blows up and the cost drops to under $50...

I'm assuming the gps tech is what drives that cost, I don't know that gps functionality is critical. Besides, if you wear it all the time you're going to know what led you to the current position.

Regardless, there's still the whole dork-wearing-a-camera-on-his-shirt thing.

npaden

Maybe they could incorporate the camera into a nice pocket protector?

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a legal note, what about model releases?  Some folks wouldn't be at all happy to find out that they'd been photographed surreptitiously and had images of themselves published...especially if it involves kids.  I'm thinking some ugly battles could ensue.

~ Sarah Kay

SheCan

I think it's intriguing. Particularly from the standpoint of capturing different perspectives of the same event. For instance, a family of four at a theme park for the day and each person wears a camera. You'd have the unique perspectives of each person, that would intersect at times and obviously go different ways at others - it could be fun.

At + $200 I don't think I'll run out and buy four (or even one for that matter), but if Memoto blows up and the cost drops to under $50...

I'm assuming the gps tech is what drives that cost, I don't know that gps functionality is critical. Besides, if you wear it all the time you're going to know what led you to the current position.

Truman show, reality TV.  I always wonder though when people on reality show's see their behavior if they have insights into why they behave the way they do.  However, it seems from the behavior of reality "stars", that most must not.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

it could sound the death knell for best man's speeches; strap one to the groom-to-be on the stag night and you've got an incriminating slide-show good to go come the day of the wedding.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

On a legal note, what about model releases?  Some folks wouldn't be at all happy to find out that they'd been photographed surreptitiously and had images of themselves published...especially if it involves kids.  I'm thinking some ugly battles could ensue.

Well, it's not an issue until you release some of the photos; they're for your eyes only until you do. Interesting that it comes from Sweden, and Europeans are purportedly much more concerned with privacy than Americans.

So, what's the point of doing it if nobody sees it?  If a tree falls in the forest...  If you live a life and nobody sees it...

There are probably people buying them for their babies, planning a birth-to-grave thing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

it could sound the death knell for best man's speeches; strap one to the groom-to-be on the stag night and you've got an incriminating slide-show good to go come the day of the wedding.

That was already done in The Hangover closing credits! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

That was already done in The Hangover closing credits! Tongue

oh no, franchize killer!

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.