Links in Sig (Read 1075 times)

How do you add a url to your signature? I can't figure out which piece of code it is! But I know others have done it! Big grin
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a sample of the code: [a href="http://www.hit-country-music-lyrics.com/I-Hate-Everything.html"]text you want clickable[/a] Now sub < and="" /> for [ and ] Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

I am still not able to do it...can you please take a look at my sig. Would like to show link to 1500, 2000 mile clubs, but technically challenged Confused
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am still not able to do it...can you please take a look at my sig. Would like to show link to 1500, 2000 mile clubs, but technically challenged Confused
          [a href="http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1500"]1500 Mile Club[/a], [a href="http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000"]2000 Mile Club[/a] Try putting that in, subbing < and="" /> for [ and ] Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cool! Thanks!!!
            JakeKnight

Cool! Thanks!!!
              Uh, why did I have to be foolish and click the (now working) link in your sig? I'm thoroughly depressed. Sheesh. That song should come with a warning label. And a bottle of something strong. You okay?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, is there any reason why your code won't also recognize standard bbcode (i.e., square brackets)? When I want to post something on more than one board, I always have to change the bracketing to post here as well.

Marathonmanleto

Finally, yea! Thank you very much Zoomie.
                    Uh, why did I have to be foolish and click the (now working) link in your sig? I'm thoroughly depressed. Sheesh. That song should come with a warning label. And a bottle of something strong. You okay?
                    Sorry - you can come over and drink with me if you want tonight if it will make you feel better. I am fed up and frustrated, but otherwise doing OK.
                    eric :)

Eric, is there any reason why your code won't also recognize standard bbcode (i.e., square brackets)? When I want to post something on more than one board, I always have to change the bracketing to post here as well.
                      The thing about allow users to post HTML text is that there is a possibility of a malicious user introducing something that ruins everyone else's experience of the site. bbcode was introduced as a way to remedy that. It escapes all angle brackets so that they're displayed as text, so that they won't interfere with the page's HTML. It then converts the acceptable square bracket tags into their HTML equivalent to be displayed as HTML. It was done this way because it was easy and quick. It's also silly to have the users to learn a separate pseudo HTML dialect when all its purpose is to stop malicious users. The creator of bbcode probably did it because it was easier than a full HTML parser. Since I like reinventing the wheel so much, I wrote my own HTML parser. It understands HTML tags and their attributes and is smart enough to remove all the dangerous ones. It might be a little inconvenience to some old forumites, but I'm hoping that to everyone else, it's as natural as writing HTML.
                        Sorry - you can come over and drink with me if you want tonight if it will make you feel better. I am fed up and frustrated, but otherwise doing OK.
                        I'm with you - joinng you with virtual drink! Thanks for the laugh Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Uh, why did I have to be foolish and click the (now working) link in your sig?
                          Hey, I responded to this last night without even thinking. Where have you been JK???? I made an island for you, put pics of cute guys and gals on it for you (OK, maybe the swimmer guys werent for you!), offer you drinks, hire a party bus, put pictures of ET on it responding to your reference, and then you disappear? Maybe I should be asking if you are OK? Wink