So any sightings of the Garmin 405? (Read 982 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I am thinking about getting the 405 and giving my wife the 305. Has anyone seen one yet or can you even buy them? Better yet does someone own one yet?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      Originally they were supposed to ship in Feb. Now if you preorder one you'll get an e-mail saying they are on backorder until March. It did not give a date in March...just March.
        I checked at the local running store and they said they didn't expect to receive their first shipment until early April but didn't know for sure. He expected the price to be around $350 ($70 more with the heart rate monitor). I did see some for sale online but I was told that they were probably demo models which may or may not have all the functionality of the 405 when officially released.

Res firma mitescere nescit
        Running in Tampa

JakeKnight

It's too small to see. It's sort of stealthy. I heard March 20th recently. That came from corporate HQ. Who knows? But I think you're wife's the one getting the better end of the deal. You better make sure you want the 405, cuz she may not give the 305 back.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

PWL

Has been

I am thinking about getting the 405 and giving my wife the 305.
            This type of logic would lead to divorce in my household.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

My wife does not really care all that much about having the latest toys. At first she didn't understand why I was wasting the money on the Garmin. Then after using it she seems to like it. I would say I am the more serious runner. She just started keeping a log on this forum a couple of months ago. I can see a marathon in her future in the next year or two. Anyway, I think in the end after I see the 405 or read more reviews I will probably end up purchasing another 305 for her. Since it is cold outside she does not run that much but she will be once it starts to warm up. I need to figure out what I am going to do until then. It doesn't seem like the 405 will be coming out soon. I do like the auto sync thing but if it is going to auto sync to the Garmin training center then that is no big deal. Now if it auto syncs to running ahead. Yahoo that would be awesome (hint, hint).
                2011 Goals:
                Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Lazy idiot

My wife does not really care all that much about having the latest toys. At first she didn't understand why I was wasting the money on the Garmin. Then after using it she seems to like it. I would say I am the more serious runner. She just started keeping a log on this forum a couple of months ago. I can see a marathon in her future in the next year or two. Anyway, I think in the end after I see the 405 or read more reviews I will probably end up purchasing another 305 for her. Since it is cold outside she does not run that much but she will be once it starts to warm up. I need to figure out what I am going to do until then. It doesn't seem like the 405 will be coming out soon. I do like the auto sync thing but if it is going to auto sync to the Garmin training center then that is no big deal. Now if it auto syncs to running ahead. Yahoo that would be awesome (hint, hint).
                1) There is always the "lo-tech" option of just running. Just sayin' 2) GPS functionality at RunningAhead? Check the search button... this is on it's way.

Tick tock

JakeKnight

1) There is always the "lo-tech" option of just running. Just sayin'
                  There's a low-tech option? That's silly. You can't run without a Garmin.
                  2) GPS functionality at RunningAhead? Check the search button... this is on it's way.
                  There's a search function here? No way!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

There's a low-tech option? That's silly. You can't run without a Garmin. There's a search function here? No way!
                    Yes way, Garth!

Tick tock

Garmin has updated the 405's page to show a release date of 2nd Quarter 2008. According to the official Garmin Blog the 405 is going to be released around the Boston Marathon in April http://garmin.blogs.com/