Finished my first 5k race (Vienna Women's Run) (Read 538 times)

micsnare

Hi community,

today I've finished my first 5k race - it was hard but I managed to pull through it without having to walk, and the time ain't too bad for a beginning runner as well (finished with 33:24 minutes), being 3 minutes faster than my best training result.

I was running at the Vienna Women's run which is the biggest of its kind in whole of europe. Over 30,100 women took part, crazy isn't it?! Wink

I'm planning to run another 2 5k races at the end of the summer....now i'm even more motivated yay!

My Goals for 2012:

Run my first 5k in June in under 35 minutes

Run my 2nd 5k in September in under 33 minutes

Congratulations!

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

very nice race, congrats!    3 minutes faster than best training run sounds about right for a race.  over 30,000 women? that's amazing!

micsnare

yay, thanks for the sweet replies! Smile

30.052 is the official number that i've just found on the website. 30.100 were registered though.

pretty amazing Big grin

My Goals for 2012:

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

yay, thanks for the sweet replies! Smile

30.052 is the official number that i've just found on the website. 30.100 were registered though.

pretty amazing Big grin

congrats on the PR and for the accomplishment.  30k women?  wow, where did they hold this Maria-Hilfe Strasse?  Though, that would be one heck of a hill.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Julia1971

Nice job!  It can be hard getting up speed and maintaining focus with so many other runners.  Keep up the good work!

micsnare

Nice job!  It can be hard getting up speed and maintaining focus with so many other runners.  Keep up the good work!

that is sooo true, what you said...It was hard for me, since it was my first race, to avoid bumping into anyone. this takes a lot of time and also energy to pass these people. Between the 3rd and the 4th kilometer some people all of the sudden stopped and started walking because they were out of breath.

I don't care so much about the time, I'm just glad I finished it without having to stop/walk at all.

But at the end of the day, I would love to have a sub-30-minutes time just like my friends - I guess I'm not there yet. My time will come Smile

@stadjak: I wasn't trying to promote it or anything....I was just full of happiness that I have just completed my first 5k race and I was gobsmacked about the thousands of people there. You cannot NOT be in awe at this beautiful scenery.

And no it was not held at Mariahilfer Straße, instead it was held at the Prater Smile

You've been living in Vienna, then?!

My Goals for 2012: