Nahant 30K (Read 1166 times)

mikeymike

New Englanders, who's in? If you're training for a fall marathon, this is a great little race on a scenic seaside course to see where you're at and get a great workout in under race conditions. I'll be there on Sunday. Nahant 30K

Runners run

Marathonmanleto

Mike--goal time?
      mikeymike

Mike--goal time?
        Not sure. 2 hours-ish. I'm going to go out kind of easy and work down to faster than mp. Probably break it into 5-mile segments and try to run each one a little faster than the one before it, with the last 3.6 pretty much all out.

Runners run

Marathonmanleto

Good luck. That's a great marathon prep distance. I'm running a 10k--it's in my backyard so I can't pass up.
            I'll be at Nahant. I ran it for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. I'm training for Mohawk-Hudson Marathon on 10/7. Last year I ran a 2:16 at Nahant and a 3:08 at Mohawk. I'm hoping to better both times this year.
            mikeymike

Last year I ran a 2:16 at Nahant and a 3:08 at Mohawk. I'm hoping to better both times this year.
              Nice! See you there. Your profile pic is awesome.

Runners run

Me and my gang in Breck

Mike, I've been planning on this for a while. The weather looks perfect too! Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

mikeymike

Sunny and high40's / low 50's Sunday morning! Sweet. See you there, Mark.

Runners run

Mike, I checked your log. It looks like you had a nice race. Just what you were hoping to do. Congrats. There was a Mike running just in front of me. (I heard someone call out his name.) I asked him if he was Mikeymike and he gave me a strange look. Now I see that you were up there well ahead of me. I ran a 2:11 and am very happy with that result. Even took home a prize. I agree, it's a really fun race.
                    mikeymike

Nice job Annette! You were quite a bit faster than last year so you're looking really good for your fall marathon. Yeah I drove with Mark Hudson who finished 2nd and we had to take off right after and before the awards but it's a great race. I could have done without that last hill at mile 14 but all in all I'm happy with it.

Runners run

Me and my gang in Breck

Mike, I can't believe that you have so many trophy's that you couldn't stick around to receive yours. I hung around for 1/2 and hour, had something to eat and took off,but I wasn't getting a trophy Sad Anyways,nice to meet you. You ran a Great race, you to Annette, your a real speedster.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

mikeymike

My wife was expecting me...I had to run. It was great to meet you in person, Mark. You're gonna have a great Baystate. I'll send the RD an email thanking him profusely for a greate race.

Runners run

Thanks Mike and SS! Good luck to both you at your fall marathons!
                            btb1490

Great racing all of you who competed! Looks like a great event! Next year perhaps..