New and improved Saturday Penguins! (Read 544 times)

hog4life

Hi there Penguins, I'm about to head out for 6+. Traci, you better get that ITBS under control, we have a little hill to run in April. Damaris, such language for a lady, pftt
    Docket_Rocket

Hi there Penguins, I'm about to head out for 6+. Traci, you better get that ITBS under control, we have a little hill to run in April. Damaris, such language for a lady, pftt

Pffftt, you obviously do not know me well.  

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts, so I hope you all don't mind my posting here.  I did 7.34 miles today, but because I saw a friend who was just getting back into running, I spent about 2 of the miles walking with him, so it barely felt like I did anything today.  It was too fun and easy to feel much like a workout.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Snowdenrun

Hi All.

Another one fed up with RWOL. You can't even find a legitimate post easily anymore. 

But, on to what matters.. I never posted much so now seems like a good time to start. 

I am a fairly new runner currently trying to build mileage. My run today only needs to be 2 miles. But I'm finding I'm having a hard time building slowly. Not that I'm increasing my mileage THAT much that quickly. 

Enjoy your running!

SheCan

Hi snowdenrun!   I also posted on the penguin thread in the user forum BF and beyond.  Increasing your mileage definitely takes patience.  I was so out of shape when I began I had to add only like a quarter of a mile at a time.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

runfoolery

There's no consensus on this. Some posters when we first arrived said there wasn't a history of DAILIES in the main forums but there was no reason there couldn't be.

If one of the issues is that the Dailies threads might knock down other active posts, I propose having one or two Dailies/Penguin thread on the main boards, and just adding to that single thread instead of creating a new dailies thread for each day.

Hello penguins! I am taking another RD, just because I had no clean laundry this morning to go out with lol! Running clothes are in the wash now, but its snowing here now! I plan on 6 miles tomorrow since the snow should not stick to the ground over night! Have a great day all!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Kalsarikännit

There's no consensus on this. Some posters when we first arrived said there wasn't a history of DAILIES in the main forums but there was no reason there couldn't be.

If one of the issues is that the Dailies threads might knock down other active posts, I propose having one or two Dailies/Penguin thread on the main boards, and just adding to that single thread instead of creating a new dailies thread for each day.

Why not create a group for all that are interested in dailies? That way you can have daily dailies and not overwhelm the main forum so we are free to talk about important things like zombies and beer.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

hog4life

Pffftt, you obviously do not know me well.  

Ha, I've been wanting to come down to Miami to meet and run with you, but I can't take the heat! Roll eyes

Dad on the run.

Hi everyone, I was suppose to get out and do 7 miles today but pushing it back to tomorrow. We overslept and had a family get-together today and time just got away from me. Anyways glad to see that we have a lot of RWOL users here but if we shouldn't be putting the daily thread in the general forum discussion we should really figure something out? Maybe we should keep it in the BF user group as not to upset the powers that be or those that have been using this forum a lot longer that don't want us coming in and making a mess of things. I love the speed and layout of Runningahead and really don't want to be making enemies before we even get started.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

It will be in the group tomorrow. See the Dear Newcomers thread.

From the Internet.

Hey, my people are here! Big grin RWOL is absolutely unbearable today. I have never seen so much spam in my life. Super easy 3 for me today, followed by some new dumbbell exercises to strengthen my lower legs and keep those damn shin splints away. Feels good now, the real test will be whether I'm still good after tomorrow's run.
                            JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Why not create a group for all that are interested in dailies? That way you can have daily dailies and not overwhelm the main forum so we are free to talk about important things like zombies and beer.

Yay, a cubbies fan!!!

L Train

daily dailies

You ever seen a grown man naked?