My VERY VERY LONG Steamtown Marathon race report!! (Read 1079 times)

Great report, Pam. Nice to hear you had so much fun as well as a new PR!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pam, I'm so glad that you and Ken had such an amazing experience! I wish I could watch you race, sometime--you sound like you really have such a great time and absorb the atmosphere. That's how a race SHOULD be! You really inspire me! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Nice job on the race...great consistency from start to finish! Congrats to Ken as well...awesome improvement from the last one! Thanks for the report. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

One more to close out the year? Cool All I can say is amazing. And, mega-congrats on getting a PR! Your husband going all the way on the next one too? (There is an unspoken rule as to where you're supposed to do your business? Tongue) modal

Vim

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice race! You didn't mention the heat/humidity, which was certainly a factor. Congrats. Nice splits BTW!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

congratulations - what a fantastic result. and a great report too. well done!

Marathonmanleto

Pam, enjoyed your report. Good job! Looking forward to your Philly report--good luck.
                  CONGRATULATIONS Pam!!! That was really fun reading through your report. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it- we all appreciate it!! It sounds like an awesome race, similar to what i experienced when I ran my one and only Crim 10 mile way way way back. The support from the crowds was beyond words, music everywhere, everyone was SUPER!! It's that memory that keeps me motivated even now. I'm so glad you decided to let yourself "soak it up" like you did! Awesome. Congrats again! Now I hope you can rest up and start feeling like your old self again. (((HUGS)))