misc update 5 (Read 3032 times)

eric :)

Thanks Eric, great work as always. Is there any way to make the map url have an alternate short name so that the url is even smaller?
    Trent, The URL is still too long? Could you try it out and I'll consider making it shorter if it doesn't work for you. eric Smile
      Paul, I'll add it to my things to do. It'll take a while though because I have a very long list of requests. By the way, where should this "alarm" be placed? eric Smile
      Eric, I've been meaning to put in a similar request. Only instead of an alarm, I was just thinking of a Personal Record link for courses (just like you already do for races). The challenge you'll probably encounter is that I can run the same course twice, but override to the mileage. Just a though, Awesome site, Eric! Kevin
      CHIDavid

Undecided Confused Confused Eric, I don't know if you have covered this before, but is there any easy way to print a route on one page? I run a fair distance, and sometimes I change roads so many times, I need a map. I would love to be able to print my route and carry it in my pocket for reference. Love this site. You are doing a great job for runners! CHI David
        MarioB

Is there a way to change my calendar to include Sat and Sun as part of the same week i.e. Mon - Sun week? I always do my long runs on weekends (sometimes Sat and sometimes Sun) and the weekly summary only calculates Sun - Sat. Other than that, the site is really great, thanks! Big grin Mario
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Is there a way to change my calendar to include Sat and Sun as part of the same week i.e. Mon - Sun week? I always do my long runs on weekends (sometimes Sat and sometimes Sun) and the weekly summary only calculates Sun - Sat.
            Hi, Mario! Yep. That's one more feature Eric's worked in. Go to Options --> Locale Settings --> First Day of the Week. Happy running! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Undecided Confused Confused Eric, I don't know if you have covered this before, but is there any easy way to print a route on one page? I run a fair distance, and sometimes I change roads so many times, I need a map. I would love to be able to print my route and carry it in my pocket for reference. Love this site. You are doing a great job for runners! CHI David
              CHI David, I started working on it this weekend but didn't get too far on it because I got sidetracked trying to hunt down some other bug. Hopefully I'll have it done in the next couple of weeks. eric Smile
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, The URL is still too long? Could you try it out and I'll consider making it shorter if it doesn't work for you. eric Smile
                Eric, I am so accustomed to the tinyurl approach, which gives me only 4-5 characters after the final backslash. That would be great. Alternaitively, just using the mapname would be great too, if those are unique.

Hey Trent, The map names are not unique. People tend to keep the original name when they make copies of it. Even if they are unique, they are not suitable to be used in the URL because they contain spaces, apostrophes and other characters. This was the reason for requiring a group URL when you're creating a group. Have you used the complete URL in your club forum postings? Did it work (other than the fact that it's unsightly)? I just want to get a sense of how much you want this Big grin It's easy to do, but takes quite a bit of work because everything is so tightly knit. eric Smile
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have used the full short url from groups. But it remains long and unsightly, at risk for being cut by email and message board programs when it wraps onto another line. I appreciate ALL your GREAT work and attentiveness to the customer and the details!!!
                      I don't know if you have covered this before, but is there any easy way to print a route on one page?
                      hi, provisorily you can make a screenshot (print page-button on windows-machines) of every bit of your course, stich the bits together and print the result. that's what i did the last time. it's not as akward as it sounds. Yes