Paleo (Read 1215 times)

xor

I am the egg man.

(but egg farts smell like the turd man)

#artbydmcbride

SOPA!

and....Panera "bagels'  make you train better

Runners run

Perhaps this thread should be called, "A practical application of Paleolithic ideas"

I would say  your biggest challenge will be ditching the CF mindset that every workout is a hammer fest. 

I believe this will be a real problem.

Quote:

I just started running yesterday and already PR'd my three mile run after a whole month off do to a crossfit injury.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

A few things to consider before starting any new diet: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/dieting-stop-diets-dont-work_n_1231472.html

Would a person have to give up beer on this diet/lifestyle/whatever? Beer is a part of my lifestyle. A part I like. Wink
              Scout7

Would a person have to give up beer on this diet/lifestyle/whatever? Beer is a part of my lifestyle. A part I like. Wink

Yes.

But I think wine would be allowable.

A Saucy Wench

Yes.

Red red wine

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scout7

Red red wine

You make me feel so fine.  You keep me rocking, all of de time.

A Saucy Wench

You make me feel so fine.  You keep me rocking, all of de time.

My work here is done.

Which is good because I have some real stuff to do.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.

Okay. I'll bite (sip?). Why would a diet based on ancient available foods exclude one of the world's oldest beverages?

A Saucy Wench

Okay. I'll bite (sip?). Why would a diet based on ancient available foods exclude one of the world's oldest beverages?

Because it excludes all gluten and most grains.  Actually it excludes all grains but occasionally some of the less hardcore make an exception for gluten free grains. 

But rice beer sucks. 

Scout7

Because Paleo excludes anything made from grains.  No bread, no pasta, no beer.  Mead and wine would technically be ok, because they are not made from grains.

It also excludes legumes, dairy, salt, and anything "processed" (meaning goes through some sort of mechanical processing).

A Saucy Wench

Because Paleo excludes anything made from grains.  No bread, no pasta, no beer.  Mead and wine would technically be ok, because they are not made from grains.

It also excludes legumes, dairy, salt, and anything "processed" (meaning goes through some sort of mechanical processing).

Except bacon.  Well technically its excluded for being processed but in reality Paleo message boards worship at the alter of bacon. Why else would i have tried it?

And the mechanical processing isn't really true....Mechanical processing is allowed, its more an ingredients thing - but coconut products are HUGE. 

Overall its almost like Pollan.  Except its Eat food.  Quite a bit. Mostly meat.

Why is it sideways?

What about cupcakes?