Well, crap...RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman (Read 289 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Heroin.

Always the damned heroin.

Sorry no link...don't want to mess with it on my phone.  Go somewhere else on the internet, you'll see.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Teresadfp

One day at a time

He has three kids, around 6, 8, and 11.  Selfish bastard.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

One of my favorite actors...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

BeeRunB

He leaves a great body of work. I first noticed him in Scent Of A Woman.

RIP,   Mr. " the other great" Hoffman.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

He has three kids, around 6, 8, and 11.  Selfish bastard.

Do you understand anything about addiction?

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Hip Redux

Such a loss.  I loved him in Capote.

RunJasonRun

Philip Seymour Hoffman was so good in Capote.  That's my favorite role of his.

I am also fond of his appearances in Twister, The 25th Hour, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Almost Famous, Boogie Nights, and so many others.  Most recently, Hoffman was great in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.   Since the second installment of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay is still filming, I'm curious as to whether his death will affect the production.

This is such sad news.

Drugs suck.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Most recently, Hoffman was great in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.   Since the second installment of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay is still filming, I'm curious as to whether his death will affect the production.

This is such sad news.

Drugs suck.

I don't know that they'd even started filming his scenes…so my guess is they'll have to recast him.  Which is going to be bad.  I'm not really sure who could pick up that part.  Russell Crowe is sort of the only actor I can come up with who could maybe do it justice.  It's certainly going to have a dramatic effect on that entire series, though.  His character is hugely pivotal in the coming films.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kalsarikännit

Do you understand anything about addiction?

If he was a smoker and died of emphysema leaving behind small children, no one would question whether it was acceptable to call that selfish.

Also, he used to come into where I bartend. He'd show up on Sundays when he was in town to catch the Jets play. He was very mellow and nice. He'd just read the Sunday paper and watch his team.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Heroin.

Always the damned heroin.

Hollywood types have been having no trouble finding all sorts of different drugs to kill themselves with the past few years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

He made grounded whatever he touched; I'd see him in anything.  Great actor.  Incredible soul.  What a burden he must have carried around.  Terribly sad that it got the better of him.  What a horrible burden it must have been.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Hollywood types have been having no trouble finding all sorts of different drugs to kill themselves with the past few years.

Well, I was being a bit hyperbolic with the word "always," but I also include the deaths of many great musicians due to that particular substance in that comment.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Feeling the growl again

Well, I was being a bit hyperbolic with the word "always," but I also include the deaths of many great musicians due to that particular substance in that comment.

Of course you're right, it gets a lot of them, I was just hinting at how the scores of drug deaths among the Hollywood crowd show happiness is not something money is buying them and it's a variety they've used....alcohol+prescription meds seem to be more common lately.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills