Tecumseh Trail Marathon 2012 (Read 741 times)

Ostrich runner

Who's in? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Me... just as a "fun run" 

Ostrich runner

Have you run it before?

Yes, I did it two years ago. I was suppose to do it last year too but something came up at the last minute.

Two years ago the race was impacted by a snowfall. Rather than being point to point, they made it an out and back from the finish area. That made an already difficult course, much more so.  I stopped counting how many times I fell. 

I don't do many trail races so for me it was very difficult. I'm not use to hills so steep that they are switch backs. Some people say to add 45 minutes to an hour to a regular marathon time.  But, it's fun... in a sick sort of way.

Slo

Beef...Didn't you do it last year?

I did it the last two years. Met C-R there last year and drank beer at the trunk of his car.

No plans this year. I'm doing the HHFMM and that will be enough fall travel for me. I do like the Tecumseh's laid back atmosphere. The point to point was a blast. Running into the spectators with a cooler full of beer was welcoming and the skinned coon carcass laying in the middle of the trail was funny.

Ostrich runner

This will be my 4th. It's actually the only marathon I've done. I've had a couple 50k's and whatnot, but this is the only normalish marathon. The out and back year I dnf'd at the last aid station. I was maybe even too polite to other runners, almost always getting completely off the trail for the people heading the other direction. All the starting and stopping killed me. Then last year it was so warm that I ran most of the race shirtless. Anything can happen on that course. 

C-R

I'm in.

There will be more beer in the trunk of the car. Just saying.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm in.

There will be more beer in the trunk of the car. Just saying.

Now we're talking!

Trail Dog

I'm new to the RA forums (hi!). This will be my first Tecumseh. I just moved to Chicago from Atlanta, so have experience with some pretty rugged trails and races. However, I have a feeling I will get my azz handed to me because I refuse to believe it can really be that hilly in Indiana? Guess I'll find out in two weeks. Big grin

I'm new to the RA forums (hi!). This will be my first Tecumseh. I just moved to Chicago from Atlanta, so have experience with some pretty rugged trails and races. However, I have a feeling I will get my azz handed to me because I refuse to believe it can really be that hilly in Indiana? Guess I'll find out in two weeks. Big grin

By the end, you'll be believing in Santa Claus :-)

Slo

By the end, you'll be believing in Santa Claus :-)

Big grin

Well, that's one way of putting it.

Jeff F

Free Beer

I ran it the last two years.  First time was with the snow and the out and back, thought that wasn't so bad.  Went back last year and it kicked my butt and will do it again in the future, because this is my year I am not going to run a marathon.  Even though Tecumseh is really not a marathon...

I ran it the last two years.  First time was with the snow and the out and back, thought that wasn't so bad.  Went back last year and it kicked my butt and will do it again in the future, because this is my year I am not going to run a marathon.  Even though Tecumseh is really not a marathon...

You didn't think the out and back was tough?  I had a blast, but thought it was the hardest thing I had done in my life.   After a while, I really got very sick and tired of slipping and falling.

jdmcgregor

All business

Welcome.

I lived and trained in Chicago when I ran Tecumseh.  I made it, but I was pretty surprised upon rounding a corner to see one monster of a hill (see as Chicago is completely devoid of hills). I had a lot of fun at this race, it was really pretty out there, and all the folks I met were super-cool.

I was not aware of the time-change until I arrived (after midnight!).  That was kind-of tough, but I managed to get up in time for the race.  Being as you're from Atlanta, you're probably well aware.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Ostrich runner

Woo hoo, just lost 2 of my 8 weeks of training to bronchitis. Everything about this race is a bad idea for me, so I'm planning to go out at PR pace. There will be booze. I'm going to stay in Nashville an extra night after the race, just so I can make sure I drink it all. I'll probably be around the indianatrailrunning.com tent drinking after (and maybe before) the race. Otherwise, I'm the guy outside at Big Woods Brewery having a cigar and way too many beers.