14 min 5k , is that good enough. (Read 1139 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I dunno, Alisal High School is not in Nantucket.

Why is it sideways?

Do you think they just didn't film his warm up miles or do you think he just did some stretching and then pounded out some 4:40 miles starting out cold?

I don't think it was just stretching -- it was definitely strides and drills. You can see he is breathing pretty good before he starts. Whether he jogged a couple of miles or did a set of drills and strides (which may be more useful than jogging a couple of miles), you can be sure he warmed up.

mikeymike

Yeah I'm bummed they didn't include 20 minutes of him jogging, doing strides and drills, taking off his warm-up clothes, taking some sips of water, pissing in the bushes, and doing more strides and drills. That would have made for a kickass video.

Runners run

I think its in Mexico?

I dunno, Alisal High School is not in Nantucket.

And we run because we like it
          Through the broad bright land

Yeah I'm bummed they didn't include 20 minutes of him jogging, doing strides and drills, taking off his warm-up clothes, taking some sips of water, pissing in the bushes, and doing more strides and drills. That would have made for a kickass video.

What if he had his shirt off during the warmup?

After watching that, I can see why non-runners could give a french fry about watching a live marathon on TV.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Just watched the end of the Payton Jordan 5k.. Nantucket was getting crushed going into the last lap.. but finished by flying out into lane 3.. and passing Korir and Mead.

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land

That jackass in the video isn't me, wtf are you guys doing. Don't know about you fartknockers, but i've been putting up some good numbers on my "training" runs. Don't think i'll compete though, i just run 'cause i like it, like to be outside near the water.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So did you stay with the running at all?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Latent Runner

Do we have to put up with yet another stupid thread started by ManFromNantucket?

I vote we lock this thread down to read-only or delete it entirely.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                    mikeymike

This is not a new thread. AP bumped it because that type of thing amuses him.

Rule of thumb is if you don't want a thread to stay on top then don't respond to it.

Runners run

aponi

never runs the tangents

Something about this reminds me of how from time to time at work someone will reply all to an email from a distribution list, then immediantly a dozen people will hit repy all to tell people to stop hitting reply all.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

So did you stay with the running at all?

Yeah, i did, thank you kindly for asking. Was going to participate in the Harfordt 1/2 but pulled my groin, and couldn't run. I was going to set up a tootsie pop stand but it was cold and raining, so i just stayed at home and drank beer. Shipo, i was up your way not long ago, passing through though, on my way to North Conway to go climbing.  What did i climb you ask, The Prow on Cathedral ledge, we aid climbed it.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Annnnnd we're back.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

#artbydmcbride

Yeah, i did, thank you kindly for asking. Was going to participate in the Harfordt 1/2 but pulled my groin, and couldn't run. I was going to set up a tootsie pop stand but it was cold and raining, so i just stayed at home and drank beer. Shipo, i was up your way not long ago, passing through though, on my way to North Conway to go climbing.  What did i climb you ask, The Prow on Cathedral ledge, we aid climbed it.

How is your groin today? 

Runners run

How is your groin today? 

HA HA.  Just read this for the first time, and WOW.  I don't know about his groin, but my feet, ankles and legs are a little infected from all the BS.

~Mike