Search function? (Read 734 times)

The Floor Walker

Eric, Does the search function for the forums not work or is there something I'm not doing properly? Whatever I type in the search box, doesn't get any results. There was something I was trying to find from a long time ago and was hoping a quick search would find it, but I think it's kaputz. Sorry, don't mean to add to your already long list of to-do's but just thought you should know. Matt
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Matt I saw your post and did a quick trial ... search worked fine. I'm using FIREFOX and Win XP. I wonder if it is worth closing your browser and restarting (sometimes things don't work and then they do if I close and open the browser again). Good luck, Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Ditto for me; the search is not the most spectacular in the world, but it works for me. If it still doesn't work for you, you can try using google. For example, to search for anything relating to you you could use the following search criteria: site:runningahead.com mbotti

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

eric :)

The search is rather rudimentary because I relied on the database to do the work instead of writing custom code. You can also search for phrases too if you put them in quotes. What are you searching for? Maybe I can help. eric Smile

The Floor Walker

Ok, I just tried it again and it seems to be working. I found what I was looking for. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, perhaps it was because I was on my mac? Seems to work fine on my work computer Windows XP.

madness baby

The search function is fabulous. Thanks for adding that, Eric. Smile Matt- it works on Macs, just maybe not well on the browser you were using. It works great on Opera if you want to use it on your mac.
              deb