Follow Roads and Auto Center Breaks Sometimes (Read 365 times)

The shirtless wonder

I've noticed when entering routes manually the auto-center feature sometimes stops working. I've also noticed that follow-roads sometimes stops working. They seem to be related. I think this happens when my routes "double back" on themselves (such as an out-and-back). Perhaps the "follow roads" algorithms is confused as to what direction I'm headed? This was with Firefox (err, Iceweasel on Debian) 3.0.7 on Linux. Greg
    eric :)

Greg, Both follow road and auto center are done in Google map's code. I haven't had a chance to look into it but I've added it to my list of todos. At this point, I'm not sure what could be the cause. eric :-)
        I've run into this. The way around it is to either not click on a path already plotted (click alongside the previous one when doubling back on a path previously plotted) or at the point you double back over a road already taken, simply turn off the "Follow Roads" box.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

The shirtless wonder

Eric: thanks for looking into this. pRed: thanks for the workaround. Smile