Coffee? (Read 916 times)

Coffee for me is more than just about the caffiene. It's almost a ritual.
    Ditto here hece the picture that I have up. I'd be lost without my coffee.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

A Saucy Wench

After for me, but only because I go so early for my runs that I do not want to have to get up one half second earlier.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Tried coffee before a run only once: Tight lipped Never again.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I always drink coffee in the morning before I run. Never gives me any problems.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tried coffee before a run only once: Tight lipped Never again.
            How long before? I have to give myself at least 90 minutes.... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HOSS1961

okay...so I am at work on my 8th straight 13 hour day and bored....looking at three more weeks of this....(can I have some sympathy here?) Anyway: Flax Six times richer than most fish oils in ω−3,[72] Flax (aka linseed) (Linum usitatissimum) and its oil are perhaps the most widely available botanical source of ω−3. Flaxseed oil consists of ca. 55% ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). Flax, like chia, contains approximately three times as much ω−3 as ω−6. 15 grams of flaxseed oil provides ca. 8 grams of ALA, which is converted in the body to EPA and then DHA at an efficiency of (2%-15%), and (2%-5%) respectively.[73] Also, walnuts, pecans and hazlenuts are good sources as well as eggs to a lesser extent. Kiwis have even higher levels than flaxseed.. There is no need to fish burp Wink
              Great post! I do believe that the fish oil are not in the ALA form thus convert faster and more efficiently than the omega-3 obtained from plant sources. Both are excellent, it just depends on how you want to get them in your system (cold water fish, fish oil capsules, or plant sources).
              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
              HOSS1961

Coffe before running if consumed 2-3 hours ahead. Usually after...or I run funny. Blush
                HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                JakeKnight

I always drink coffee in the morning before I run. Never gives me any problems.
                  Ditto. Running turned me into a coffee drinker, in fact. Every day, before every run, a cup or two. I'm having a cup right now as I contemplate today's run. A Starbucks venti before a marathon. Works like a charm.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

TexasRose

After for me, but only because I go so early for my runs that I do not want to have to get up one half second earlier.
                    I'm with you. Getting up around 3:45 to run means there's no way I'm waiting to down a cup of coffee during marathon season. Now that I'm done with those uber-early hours though, I love a half-cup about 20 minutes before I head out. Smile
                      Definitely after. I only have one cup a day, so it makes my HR go funny! Plus it's too much liquid sloshing around. I wait til morning tea (on work days) and have one then...it gives me a reason to live until 10:30am.

Another Passion

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Sweaty

I can´t imagine getting up in the morning and not find my coffee Tongue, my gasoline, and before and after a run, why not, even have coffee candy when I can´t take a caffe in the afternoons,the chocolate and coffee for me the most. Smile TRENT. many congratulations, Indeed, you need many cups of coffee for a while. Big grin, but for a beautil reason. Wink
                          I don´r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L
                            Nena, I love that artist... I just forget his name.. He has all the Abe Lincoln and meat theamed pieces. Great stuff! Mark, something or other...

- Anya

Another Passion

Coffee, yes, Mmmmm, coffee. Before, after, during a run. It's all good. I do have a cup before running in the morning.

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks folks! I'm drinking coffee right now, BTW Big grin